Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position is responsible for providing application support to critical information systems utilized by Electrical Engineering and the Control Centers. This position is also responsible to design, implement, and maintain databases, displays, and applications related to the distribution automation systems and processes.
- Works with vendors and evaluates new systems for inclusion into operations and engineering platforms.
- Manages installation of vendor products. Supports and maintains vendor packages in production. Performs high level applications testing for technology upgrades as necessary.
- Collaborates with users to prepare requirements for enhancements to existing systems and the development of new systems. Assists with programming specifications based on system design.
- Works as a liaison between project teams, external agencies, contractors, as well as appropriate Company departments (Engineering departments, R&D, Distribution Engineering, Control Centers and emergency responders, etc.) to coordinate and complete projects.
- Assists in the development of scripts to automate processes and share data across departments and applications.
- Reviews daily GIS updates and investigates mapping related issues.
- Performs testing and troubleshooting of problems found in the system's environments. Works with teams to develop appropriate plans and processes for the coordinated sharing of data, based on the requirements of departments, systems, and users. Configures and maintains data, databases and displays related to the ADMS processes and interfaces.
- Familiarity with construction and/or the electric utility industry.
- Actively monitors and maintains compliance with Cyber Security Standards. Activities include patch management of system equipment, anti-virus updates/upgrades, system health/intrusion detection and other systems functions as needed.
- Installs, configures and updates applications used to manage historical SCADA/DSCADA data.
- Supports applications and databases used for managing, planning, and control of electric utility infrastructure.
- Provides on call support to DSCADA system on rotating basis.
- Assist field crews in commissioning of remotely controlled DSCADA devices.
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or equivalent And 3 years work experience with Information Technology Or
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or equivalent And 4 years work experience with Information Technology Or
- Associate's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or equivalent And 5 years work experience with Information Technology
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Information Systems And 4 years work experience with Information Technology
Relevant Work Experience
- Technical experience in operations, engineering, system operations, or information systems. Required
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills. Required
- Must have excellent analytical skills. Required
- Must work well in team situations, be willing and able to lead and participate in cross-functional teams as required. Required
- Familiarity with database structures and queries. Required
- Familiarity with one or more object-oriented programming languages (C#, Python, Java, VB,). Required
- Knowledge of MS-SQL, MS-Access, Oracle, PI, eDNA, or ODBC. Required
- Experience manipulating text files. Preferred
- Experience in python scripting. Preferred
- Experience with real time control system applications. Preferred
- Experience with big data analytics. Preferred
- Experience with Digital mapping systems (GIS). Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel to various Company locations and to other companies, if required. Must be available to travel out-of-town for meetings and conferences.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.