Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Calculate steam losses and determine effectiveness of steam retention equipment (steam traps)
- Calculate boiler/turbine/generator/condenser efficiencies and help identify areas where improvement can be made
- Perform predictive maintenance activities, including but not limited to: vibration analysis, infrared thermography, determination of pump pressure/flow curves, Steam Trap testing
- Tabulate water & fuel use throughout multiple connected systems
- Utilize MS Office and other computer programs to produce multiple reports
- Utilize hand tools, gages and other direct measurement equipment when necessary to perform job functions
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 years equivalent technical experience Or
- Associate's Degree In Chemistry/Mechanical Technology, or related field
Skills & Ability
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings. And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.