Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Participates in the formulation of short, mid and long-term plans for Compliance Management Operations regarding the engagement and process implementation with the regulated businesses of CEl.
- Assists in continued governance and assurance that the regulated businesses are effectively managing compliance through use of the compliance framework elements and continuous process improvements.
- Consistently ensures organizations promote a culture of integrity, self-manage regulatory compliance, identify & mitigate risk and document compliance while tabulating metrics to measure performance in the area.
- Ensures governance and alignment of policy management for the company. Develops methods to work with business units to ensure conformance with policy framework within their organizations. Expands the use of Policy Management Administration tool, oversee and governs its use. Ensure policy tool supports policy hierarchical structure.
- Engages with business units to establish standardized governance model for policies within the company.
- Use communications techniques, analysis and methods to engage organizations successfully.
- Ensures business units implements consistent practices by utilizing the data management tools offered by Compliance Management. Work with the Technology section to develop and implement processes that ensures consistent documentation practices.
- Interfaces and collaborates with Company groups that presently have responsibilities for compliance . By working with applicable groups, assist in incorporating or managing changes necessary to ensure enterprise solutions will promote best practices and verbatim compliance, as applicable.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of internal Company reports that measure Company operating organization compliance performance and provide feedback to business units on areas for improvement.
- Creates and sustains a workplace environment that fosters leadership, professionalism, honesty, courtesy, concern, excellence and teamwork. Lead by example and set environment that supports our Company's cultural imperatives; Openness, Fairness and Trust, Customer/external Stakeholder relationships, Cost Consciousness.
- Establish and Lead Policy Management Committees. Participates in other compliance committees, procedure development committees and training reviews.
- Assists with the department's workforce development and training activities, which may include working with The Learning Center staff, Engineering and the operating organizations in the development of training programs.
- Contribute to Key Performance Indicators that will assist Compliance Management to define and measure progress toward organizational goals.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as required.
- All of the foregoing is expected to be handled: (i) Project Specialist (2H) - with a moderate level of supervision
- Direct, mentor and teach lower band specialists within the Compliance Group. Direction will include assigning and reviewing work, collaboration on new strategies, methods and development of successful compliance programs.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of relevant work experience Project Management or Software/Policy Administration, or Business Analytics. Or
- Master's Degree And 3 years of relevant work experience Project Management or Software/Policy Administration, or Business Analytics.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 years of relevant work experience Project Management or Software/Policy Administration, or Business Analytics.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience managing and developing presentations and communication plans Required
- Experience working as a liaison between business units, vendors and IT in the development of Software programs Required
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership agility and proven track record of achieving sustainable results in managing projects, systems implementation and process documentations. Required
- Must have demonstrable experience mentoring and training peers and/or direct reports Required
- Experience in Policy Management, developing or administering Policies &/or Standard operating procedures. Preferred
- Experience in using data analytics and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, SAS, Qlik or related). Preferred
- Experience in regulatory compliance, auditing, governance or quality assurance. Preferred
- Using and/or implementing GRC tools, i.e. RSA Archer. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Certification Upon Hire Preferred
- Other: Analytics Certification Upon Hire Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's License
- Must be willing to travel within Company Service Territory as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.