Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Specialist is responsible for the design, planning, management, maintenance, and support of Cloud based solutions to meet our corporate standards and guidelines. The individual will also be responsible for providing incremental enhancements to the cloud adoption governance model and ensure all implemented workloads comply with established guidelines to meet cost management, security, resource consistency, identity, and automation objectives.
- The System Specialist is responsible as technology lead for defining best practices and refinements to corporate cloud adoption model to meet corporate and IT objectives.
- The Systems Specialist is responsible as team lead in the design, installation, and monitoring of IT cloud environments which includes providing timely response to troubleshooting alerts generated by various system performance and security tools. The individual will help in protecting the company from all cyber threats and risks.
- Project Role: Leads projects and creates project plans to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Portfolio Scope: Lead analyst for one or more technology products or cloud environment. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Deliverables: Design documents and develop project plans for changes or enhancements to cloud computing environments.
- Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on projects.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives.
- Decision Making: Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Gains support for recommendations.
- People Leadership: Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
- Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement.
- Performance Improvement: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements.
- Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience; Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience;
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Required
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Required
- 3+ years of experience configuring and deploying enterprise workloads on major cloud platforms (i.e. Azure, AWS, GCP). Knowledge of at least one other cloud hosting platform.
- Experience in management, configuration and maintenance of Office 365, Teams and Intune. Familiarity with Yammer, Exchange Online, Sharepoint and other Office 365 applications. Preferred
- Experience with Oracle Cloud or multi cloud providers. Preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps process and experience with Azure DevOps and/or GitHub. Preferred
- Experience with Powershell, Python, or other scripting language. Preferred
- Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills a plus. Preferred
- Experience implementing packaged software a plus. Preferred
- Any Cloud certifications a plus. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.