Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Enterprise Data & Analytics (ED&A) team is responsible for driving the Company's data and analytics strategy, providing advanced analytics solutions, and managing Con Edison's Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP). Working within the ED&A team will provide exposure to a variety of tools and technology used for data operations and analytics, as well as the opportunity to learn about emerging and exciting data and analytics projects.
- The Technical Associate (Data Sharing) will work with IT and business partners to design, build and support enterprise data solutions for ED&A projects related to the sharing of data for both internal and external purposes. These projects range from statewide clean energy initiatives to Company analytics use cases, and directly enable the generation of value for both the Company and our stakeholders.
- Work closely with business partners and IT peers to design effective business solutions.
- Identify and translate business and regulatory requirements into technical requirements.
- Provide accurate delivery of system geographical information and other data to internal and external stakeholders as part of the Integrated Energy Data Resource (IEDR) project and related initiatives.
- Build and maintain data pipelines in support of ED&A initiatives, utilizing our Enterprise Data Analytics Platform and other platforms as needed.
- Test and migrate automated pipelines and internal reports, dashboards, and other visualizations.
- Document and maintain process diagrams & steps, and data dictionaries of use cases upon which solutions are based.
- Develop and deliver organized analytical presentations.
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include data privacy, data governance and emerging Company data initiatives.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum work experience. Candidates that have participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships for a minimum of six months meet the EP experience requirements.
Relevant Work Experience
- Familiarity with data & analytics concepts and technologies Required
- Experience working in and/or leading teams and gaining buy-in Required
- Experience working with multiple data sources to obtain or analyze information. Required
- Experience with databases and/or data lakes Preferred
- Demonstrated coding in Python or R Preferred
- Demonstrated work with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI Preferred
- Experience evaluating and/or learning new technologies independently and without instructor-led training Preferred
- Demonstrated cloud technology literacy Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development lifecycle concepts Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.