Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This Applicant should be able to read and interpret company specifications, parts lists and drawings.
- A self-learner, possesses strong analytical and organization skills, and able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- The selected candidate must be detail oriented with excellent organization and clerical skills, including computer keyboarding and competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word,Excel and MAXIMO.
- Applicant should have experience with the company mainframe system Oracle EBS - Finance / Supply Chain system.
- The Applicant must take and pass the Material Analyst test at the Learning Center.
- The Applicant should be familiar with Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Procedures (HASPs) in regard to procuring materials and services for utilization by company personnel and/or at company facilities.
- This candidate will, in a timely manner, perform follow-up on all orders and document the status of these orders.
- The successful analyst must be able to interact with internal customers including Purchasing, Accounting, Engineering, Planners, etc., and also be able to act as a company liaison with external customers including manufacturers, vendors, engineers, sales representatives and various supply and service vendors.
- The selected candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities as required, and possess a willingness and ability to work and learn in a fast-paced service environment.
- Will be required to perform procurement transactions at various supply stores in support of operations, maintenance and construction.
- Submits comprehensive and accurate receipting documentation promptly in Oracle EBS in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Candidate must be able to work in a substation or power plant if required, or any of the Company's field locations including areas where they may be subject to excessive heat, loud noises and in the presence of high voltage electric, as well as, high elevations.
- The successful candidate will be required to have customer contact on a regular basis.
- Seeks and provides procurement status updates from/to internal stakeholders.
- Be able to read and interpret company specifications, parts, lists and drawings and must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- This position requires the ability to push, pull and lift up to 25 lbs., climb stairs, as well as stoop, bend, reach and kneel during the workday.
- Must ensure that the Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customers Experience.
- Must be committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Candidate must possess a valid driver's license and be able to travel to all Company locations, work in all weather conditions and be able to work extended hours on short notice, as needed.
- Should have an operational understanding of purchase requisitions, blanket purchase agreements (BPAs), receiving reports for materials and services, procurement card transactions, and class and stock material transactions documents.
- High School Diploma/GED And And 3 Years related experience in Supply Chain or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.