Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The selected candidate must possess excellent computer, clerical and organization skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the ability to become proficient in their use with the HR/Payroll and myHR Connection systems along with other 3rd party vendor systems is required for this position.
- Customer Call Center experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of employee benefit plans and human resource policies is a plus.
- Experience in the use of EPIC (Employee Personnel Information Center), eRecord, HR Payroll and myHR Connection is a benefit.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills are required for heavy interaction with internal and external customers.
- The selected candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities as required.
- Major duties will include, but are not limited to: Handling a high volume of Benefit and Human Resources related telephone inquiries, handling face to face and virtual inquiries, creating detailed case logs using myHR Connection, processing benefit change requests using the HR/Payroll system, conducting presentations, answering correspondence, maintaining records and files using the HR document system, and logging and tracking work in progress.
- Primary tasks involve processing and analysis of benefits data which include, but are not limited to: resolving error reports, processing life event transactions, wellness credit requests and resolution, basic life and maintenance of life insurance credits, calculating benefit refunds and arrears, conducting new hire benefits presentations, and handling union to management promotions.
- This candidate must meet all requirements of this position in order to be considered.
- The System Emergency Assignment (SEA) program provides a mechanism by which Con Edison can best utilize its employee resources should an event occur that affects our facilities, equipment, or systems and the company's operating department(s). Your System Emergency Assignment (SEA) may be different than your everyday job. The purpose of this role is to help in an emergency response, and the expectation is that this is not voluntary. All employees must report for their assignment when called upon.
- Must exercise confidentiality and strictly adhere to ethical standards of business conduct at all times.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.