Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multi billion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas grids, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Our Residential Programs provides more than $80 million in incentives annually to help one- to four-family homes implement energy efficiency upgrades and electrify their heat and hot water (coned.com/residential). With support from direct reports and vendors, the Residential Program Manager leads all aspects of designing and implementing the program, including setting the program's strategic direction, developing program rules and guidelines, marketing, budgeting, reporting, talent management, quality assurance, and evaluation.
- This role is on the front line of the clean energy transition and supports customers and the built environment to make clean energy choice and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition.
- Develop a proactive, customer-centric culture and ensure exceptional customer service
- Identify and track key program performance metrics, generating regular reports and proactively taking corrective actions as necessary to achieve goals
- Continually assess, optimize, and document program processes and rules
- Motivate, manage, and support 2-3 direct reports and a 15-person third party team to perform at their best
- Coordinate with our internal support groups (finance, strategy, engineering, quality assurance & quality control, evaluation, marketing, customer operations, etc.) to generate alignment with departmental strategy and processes and achieve program objectives
- Oversee data management and quality control
- Spearhead strategic external partnerships, and build and maintain a network of plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, and other professional trade contractors
- Speak publicly on behalf of the Residential Programs and the broader Energy Efficiency Department
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering. or Information Technology And and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration with stakeholders. Required
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated logic and analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail. Required
- Demonstrated behaviors that promote a safe work environment, continuous improvement, and diversity through an awareness of inclusiveness of thought and ideas.
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Required
- Experience or knowledge in energy efficiency and heating electrification technologies. Preferred
- Experience or knowledge with analyzing market trends in energy efficiency and heating electrification technologies to optimize existing program. Preferred
- Work experience in energy efficiency, demand management, demand response or other competitive, market driven utility programs, including project and process management experience. Preferred
- Experience managing and building relationships with key market actors, partners, and contractors. Preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, both technical and financial, and making recommendations based on that information. Preferred
- Experience working with local, County, City and State governments and human services organizations. Preferred
- Experience working directly with homeowners and renters, preferably on energy efficiency retrofits. Preferred
- Building Energy Professional (BEP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certifications are a plus. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able & willing to travel within & outside of Con Edison service territory to attend meetings with Depart of Public Service Staff, NYS Energy Research Development Authority, NY Independent System Operator & other entities outside NY.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.