Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position is for an Analyst in the AMI Operations Systems Support team to provide field support for ProField Encore application. ProField Encore is used to process electric meter jobs and metering device installations in the field by Electric Operations. The candidate will provide application user support through a dedicated hot line and in person to 200+ users across Con Edison service territory, which includes the 5 boroughs in NYC and Westchester County. The candidate will be expected to troubleshoot application and device issues, document, and report issues with the application.
- Provide user community support for the ProField Encore application to ensure meter work is captured electronically
- Provide user support for handheld device and software functionality
- Troubleshoot meter jobs in ProField Encore application to ensure jobs are captured correctly in the application.
- Assist end users with entering meter jobs into ProField Encore application as needed while reinforcing the process and procedures.
- Create Job Aids and conduct training around new enhancements and existing application functionalities.
- Report defects in the application and provide testing support for software fixes.
- Provide recommendations for enhancements for ProField Encore Application configuration or performance based on business requirements.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent technical field And 3 years Equivalent industry experience in development, use or management of business applications. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 7 years Equivalent industry experience in development, use or management of business applications and LAN Support functions
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent technical field And 2 years Equivalent technical experience to position requirements
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience working in a Windows operating System environment and troubleshooting handheld devices (Surface Pros or industry equivalent) and peripheral equipment (barcode scanners, iPhones) Required
- Experience as a Local Area network (LAN) administrator, help desk analyst, telecommunications analyst or equivalent role Required
- Experience supporting software updates to computer devices (Surface Pros or industry equivalent) Preferred
- Experience investigating and resolving account or record discrepancies across accounting, billing or work management systems Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Quickly troubleshoots and resolves problems
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within the Company service territory as needed.
- Must be able to periodically work with field organizations on job locations for testing and troubleshooting software/device issues
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.