Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Who We Are:
- At Con Edison, we celebrate a long and proud history of energizing the most vibrant region in the country. We provide safe and reliable energy to our customers while protecting the environment and fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce. No matter heat waves or cold snaps, we are here to provide the level of service our customers deserve and expect. So come join our team and help us build a brighter future.
- What's In It For You:
- Come be a part of our Transmission Planning & Development team, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will be on the cutting edge of the clean energy future and a part of redesigning our systems to integrate and deliver renewable supplies to our customers! You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where information is shared, and new ideas are welcomed.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Contribute to Company efforts to adopt the requirements of New York State clean energy agenda into Con Edison's Transmission Master Plan.
- Support the development of Con Edison's short- and long- term bulk electric system studies to reliably integrate Offshore Wind, Utility Scale Energy Storage, Solar, and other new renewable technologies.
- Conduct thermal, voltage, short circuit, and stability analysis to ensure bulk power system reliability.
- Work on the development of transmission system modifications/upgrades to reliably integrate Offshore Wind, Energy Storage systems, Solar, and other innovative technologies.
- Assist in analyzing the reliability benefits of proposed projects.
- Assist with interconnection studies for Company owned projects.
- Participate in work groups with NYISO to substantiate local and bulk electric transmission system studies and plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering And 2 years of full-time work experience that includes one year in the planning, design and/or operation of the bulk electrical transmission system.
Relevant Work Experience
- Exposed to the design and /or operation of the electric power system. Required
- Capable of using PSS/E, TARA, Aspen or equivalent power system simulation programs. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.