Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervise mechanics performing daily work orders related to the normal maintenance of the physical plant including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, vertical transportation, cooling systems and carpentry where required.
- Oversees contractors and provides general and timely support services to tenant organizations. Plans, directs and controls the safe and efficient operation of various assigned tasks within Company facilities in accordance with corporate and departmental operating procedures. Ensures the
- implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Provides job safety briefings to direct reports at the beginning of work shifts or prior to the commencement of specific tasks when appropriate or when the job description vastly changes. Schedules and reports personnel time for direct reports in accordance with Company and department
- procedures. Identifies training needs and coordinates training of direct reports and provides on-the-job training when required. Orders and coordinates the timely supply of materials, tools, equipment and subcontractors to ensure work is conducted efficiently.
- Schedules and reports expenditures for materials and subcontractor labor. Monitors O&M and Capital expenditures to ensure budget guidelines are met. Schedules and monitors the performance of maintenance and periodic testing of critical building systems including fire safety, security, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and emergency power supply systems, where applicable.
- Provides oversight, monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports and contractor personnel. Reports performance issues and provides appropriate disciplinary action when required. Performs the duties of evacuation supervisor during drills and emergencies, when and where required. Ensures that emergency notification system operations and building evacuation plans are communicated to tenant organizations and then schedules and conducts periodic drills to ensure those plans are understood, where required.
- Provides on-call coverage during weekends and off-hour shifts and responds to emergency maintenance requests, schedules and provides oversight of snow and ice removal operations, when required
- Works with Security Services to assure security guard services are provided and security procedures are followed, where required. Performs
- other related assignments as required
- Perform other related task and assignments as required.
- Provide oversight of grounds including all safety markers, signage, parking and landscaping.
- Responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment through open dialogue, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years Facilities Management Experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 5 years Facilities Management Experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 7 years Facilities Management Experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Facilities Management-Knowledge of Building Systems
- Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreement- governed workplaces including familiarity with associated rules and protocols
- Supervisory Experience
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime
- Knowledge of MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Experience with working with Maximo
- Working with budgets and cost reporting
Skills & Ability
- Effective conflict management skills And
- Ability to build strong customer relationships And
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Proactively approaches responsibilities And
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills And
- Experience in a regulated environment And
- Ability to lead/manage others And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certificate of Fitness S-95, C92, S-13, F-07 and F-01 120 Days Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.