Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Directs the development of roadmaps in one or more IT domains. Leads technology strategy and develop options to optimize and expand technology portfolio other operating models and help on the Journey to zero.
- Develop multiyear IT technology modernization and transformation roadmap; Own and manage multiple projects and deliver to outcomes on time and budget. Lead the IT components and direct a team for solution implementations, procurements, and vendor management.
- Responsible for collecting and defining technical requirements to enable business processes and integrations, prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies and creating road maps for adoption. Perform testing and problem determination for new components, working closely with manufacturer and model SLA's after industry performance standards.
- Lead and manage the IT team technology modernization initiatives. Provide vision, guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Foster a working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and team development.
- Engage with leaders, project sponsors, and stakeholders to understand their needs. Identify and educate on project scope, progress and change. Actively promote collaboration to ensure smooth implementation and realize envisioned value. Work closely with IT Business System Delivery (BSD) for project delivery, promote adoption of new processes, related integrations, and manage change. Work to ensure implementation efforts do not impact key projects and important operational systems.
- Work closely with the IT Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) teams, leadership and project teams to carefully plan, and manage total cost of ownership for short and long term. Develop charge back models as part of project implementations.
- Work with IT Infrastructure & Operations Cyber, Enterprise Architecture teams to leverage and adopt new technology to meet project and program objectives and requirements
- Establish and guide Con Edison's architecture standards and reference architectures and roadmaps. Increase trust and improve IT processes, enable systematic well planned technology implementations and operations.
- Define, guide and implement projects, identify skills and bring together teams. Implement IT process integration, simplification and governance and communicate these best practices across the enterprise.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture and IT Business Systems Delivery teams and technical architecture groups to plan, manage and assess business and technical needs.
- Work with IT EA, cyber, MSP, I&O teams, and technical experts to plan and evaluate new technologies, establish standard processes, automate, and develop robust operating models and resource models. Partner with Company's compliance lead to ensure adherence to audit, IT and security requirements.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred. a minimum of eight (8) years full time relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred. and a minimum of eight (8) years full time relevant work experience
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred. and a minimum of six (6) years full time relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience designing, developing, implementing IT solutions, services and operations Required
- 3-5 years Experience with IT and business critical project delivery, sound people management and running IT operations Required
- 5-7 years Project management experience Required
- 3-5 years Managerial, supervisory, and/or leadership experience Required
- Work experience in IT technology domains: IT operations, infrastructure, integration, applications, vendor mgt. RFP/RFI Required
- Demonstrated the ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new IT technologies. Required
- Experience delivering enterprise level systems Required
- Ability to present technical topics to non-technical audience Required
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes, operating models and promoting change adoption Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities Required
- Experience authoring formal documentation, guidelines, policies, and procedures. Required
- Expertise in translating portfolio of use cases to business value and communicating value to senior leadership. Understanding of process change requirements to achieve value. Required
- Experience managing budgets, navigating purchasing requirements, and managing contractor deliverables Required
- Expertise in development and enforcement of reference architectures and operating models Preferred
- Experience working with IT, technology architecture & governance. Preferred
- Broad managerial and business skills including managing budgets Preferred
- Experience in managing agile delivery and release planning Preferred
- Project management certification and training in one or more domains desired, e.g. application, infrastructure,network, integration, data etc. Preferred
- This a customer facing PM role, responsible for delivering technology modernization program, managing budget, process, vendor procurements and change across IT and business.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.