Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can produce results under time constraints.
- Represent the Company in state and federal court proceedings and arbitrations.
- Handle all aspects of commercial litigation, including pleadings, motions, discovery, and trial preparation.
- Research and write high-quality legal memos, court briefs, and other pleadings using a plain-English, high-impact style. Draft settlement agreements.
- Analyze complex matters and provide thoughtful, practical, and creative solutions.
- Provide legal guidance and support to business units across the organization.
- Stay current with legal developments, case law, and best practices.
- Take and defend depositions, argue motions, and first chair trials.
- Occasionally work with outside counsel, providing oversight and strategic guidance.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments.
- Juris Doctorate J.D. from a recognized Law school.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be admitted to practice law in New York Required and
- Candidates for Senior Staff Attorney need at least 8 years of the above mentioned experience. Required and
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications and negotiation skills. Required and
- Organizational leadership or management experience. Preferred
- Deposition and trial experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.