Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- The Customer Energy Solutions (CES) organization seeks a creative, analytical, and strategic leader to scale its clean energy efforts in areas such as energy efficiency and heating electrification. The Strategy Manager will become a trusted leader, developing and leading strategy development for new and existing business opportunities as part of the clean energy transition.
- This is an exciting role at the intersection of climate change, public policy, and business strategy. This dynamic role offers the opportunity to learn and materially impact how utilities equitably deliver on the clean energy transition.
- You will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Clean Energy Solutions (CES) medium- and long-term portfolio strategy to ensure Con Edison equitably achieves New York State's energy saving and emission reduction targets. You will partner with staff across the organization to drive alignment on the challenges, opportunities, strategies, and implementation plans to put your strategic vision to work. Other responsibilities are to:
- Work with the CES teams and other internal stakeholders to shape, integrate, and optimize portfolio goals and develop and prioritize strategic initiatives for each calendar year through each program's annual business plan.
- Work with CES teams to identify growth opportunities, structure and develop business cases, and generate alignment on implementation plans.
- Monitor and ensure close integration of near-term strategy on a daily basis and as part of an annual strategic plan.
- Manage cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives
- Lead problem solving and lend strategic support to the department.
- Represent the Company's interest to external stakeholders such as the New York State Department of Public Service Staff and other stakeholders.
- Present strategic plans to senior executives for feedback and alignment.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of work experience
- Master's Degree in business, engineering, energy-related discipline, economics, policy and 3 years of work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated experience managing teams or projects or processes. Required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, analyze and solve complex strategic and tactical opportunities. Required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into business insights and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables. Required
- Advanced communication, presentation, writing and analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Two years experience in regulated and/or market driven utility programs (e.g., energy efficiency), including work with program or project strategy and delivery. Preferred
- Proven capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Preferred
- Experience in strategy roles or developing and implementing strategic projects. Preferred
- Experience presenting to senior executives. Preferred
- Experience and or knowledge of New York State's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and the local clean energy policy landscape. Preferred
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Preferred
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the Company service territory as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.