Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide quality customer service by scheduling Operator Qualification training and testing for designated Gas sections, and Gas Operations as a whole
- Regularly meet with customers to identify training needs and develop and revise guidance documents to meet their needs
- Act as a liaison between Gas Operations employees and applicable training departments to plan, coordinate, schedule and implement training activities
- Schedule, reschedule and verify corporate, skills training, operator qualification, EH&S training, technical training and career path development training
- Communicate the established training schedule to each department in Gas Operations and verify compliance as needed
- Input all OJT (On-the-Job Training) training documentation and periodically review for updates and maintenance
- Maintain the Gas Operations databases, including e-Train, ITS and other mainframe systems to meet regulatory requirements, including PSC codes
- Review Operator Qualification reports daily to ensure company and contractor personnel are qualified in their roles
- Host virtual OnBoarding meetings for new contractor employees as needed
- Assist Project Specialist with program enhancements to Operator Qualification Written Plan
- Play an active role in meeting organizational goals and performance measures
- Issue reports to user groups to monitor training and compliance/goals
- Identify core training needs and assign designated training requirements for all personnel in each designated section
- Attend and present at local and corporate committee meetings and applicable Operating Areas' meetings
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Gas Operations experience, operational experience, or administrative experience Required
- General understanding of electronic management systems Required
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and possess excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to confidently interact with all levels of employees Required
- Must be able to work independently as well as in teams. Required
- Must possess understanding and working knowledge of computer reporting and database management systems. Required
- Experience with E-Train, ITS learning management systems Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.