Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Section Manager is responsible for leading a team of marketing and technical professionals to develop and implement a strategic plan to attract and retain profitable steam business for Con Edison.
- The basic objectives for this position are:
- (1) to develop and implement a technically-based sales and marketing plan for Steam Operations;
- (2) to meet the Business Development commitments of Steam rate plans;
- (3) to manage the resources required (i.e. budget, people, and vendors) to achieve Steam Business Development goals;
- (4) establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders that can have an impact on the Steam Business;
- (5) design and execute programs that would enhance the customer experience for all existing and potential steam customers.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Develop and implement an effective communication campaign representing the benefits and attributes associated with the Steam Business. Both internal and external audiences shall be targeted for this campaign.
- Develop and implement a technically based sales and marketing strategies to attract and retain profitable steam business.
- Develop and administer strategies to establish and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to customers, industry associations, consultants, government agencies, and regulating agencies.
- Implement programs to gain a better understanding of steam customers needs and decision-making processes. Develop and execute programs that add value for existing customers and/or attract prospective new business.
- Track and monitor existing customer and market activity. Review trending analyses to revise strategic plans.
- Interact with the Energy Services group and other organizations to provide existing/prospective customers with a well-coordinated portfolio of energy options.
- Provide strategic direction and manage activities of any third party support entities including but not limited to communication consultants, market research vendors, consulting engineers, and other vendors.
- Develop and recommend rate case programs focused on improving the steam business and overall customer experience.
- Direct all contract negotiation activities associated with existing/prospective customers.
- Identify and participate in trade associations and economic development organizations to maximize steam business development opportunities.
- Explore and identify new technologies and market opportunities that would attract and/or benefit steam customers.
- Develop and maintain a skilled and knowledgeable staff of professionals.
- Develop and manage an annual Steam Business Development budget.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other discipline related to details listed and 8 years experience in sales, energy, engineering, business, organizational management, project management, marketing, or approved equivalent or
- Master's Degree in Engineering or other discipline related to details listed and 6 years experience in sales, energy, engineering, business, organizational management, project management, marketing, or approved equivalent
- Master's Degree in Engineering or other discipline related to details listed and 10 years experience in sales, energy, engineering, business, organizational management, project management, marketing, or approved equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience must be included in the total work experience. Required and
- Must be highly dedicated with strong communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team. Required and
- Experience with MS Excel, Access, SharePoint or equivalent. Required and
- Candidate must be flexible to handle multiple assignments. Required and
- A minimum of eight years of total relevant work experience. Preferred and
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software (CRM). Preferred and
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.