Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide technical design support for the Substation Monitoring Analytics Remote Technology (SMART) project by providing technical design and engineering guidance, reviewing of all design related documents (i.e., drawings, sketches, spreadsheets, etc.) and review/issue Engineering Materials (EM).
- Provide continuous support in the creation and updating of various SMART project device configurations, substation hardened computers, microprocessor devices and network equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee SMART project related commissioning tasks at various substations.
- Support project management of the SMART project, design review of transmission and distribution systems, equipment, and installation specifications, bid preparation (if required) and evaluation, appropriations, scheduling, construction, acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Perform various engineering analysis, evaluate new hardware/software solutions, and support deployment of protection system upgrade programs.
- Support the PRSI department in implementing new strategies, initiatives and processes to advance the design, operation and reliability of Con Edison's P&C system.
- Support activities within other sections of PRSI including protection system asset management and P&C Standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 2 years total experience in any of the following areas: relay protection or power systems or power plant engineering.
Relevant Work Experience
- Technical competence and practical experience in relay protection systems at transmission, sub transmission or distribution level. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Required
- Demonstrate analytical ability and the capability to solve problems associated with relay protection systems. Required
- Ability to write engineering specifications and standards. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory and work at company locations as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in various indoor and outdoor conditions, and all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work in power plants and high voltage substations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.