Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This role will be on a hybrid work schedule.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can produce results under time constraints.
- Represent the Company in state and federal court proceedings and arbitrations.
- Handle all aspects of commercial, personal injury, property damage, and other litigation, including pleadings, motions, discovery, and trial preparation.
- Research and write high-quality legal memos, court briefs, and other pleadings using a plain-English, high-impact style. Draft settlement agreements.
- Analyze complex matters and provide thoughtful, practical, and creative solutions.
- Provide legal guidance and support to business units across the organization.
- Stay current with legal developments, case law, and best practices.
- Take and defend depositions, argue motions, and first chair trials.
- Occasionally work with outside counsel, providing oversight and strategic guidance.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department
- Perform other related tasks and assignments.
- Juris Doctorate and Admission to the New York State Bar required
Relevant Work Experience
- 8 years experience of researching and writing high-quality legal memos and court briefs. Required
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and oral communications, and negotiation skills. Required
- 8 years experience in commercial, personal injury, and property damage litigation, including pleadings, motions, discovery, and trial preparation. Required
- Organizational leadership or management experience. Preferred
- Deposition and trial experience. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.