Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Construction Specialist - Quality Assurance is responsible for evaluating the operational, safety and financial processes within Central Operations (Construction, Substation Engineering, Steam and System & Transmission Operations) identifying process gaps and opportunities for risk controls mitigation and providing report results to stakeholders.
- Analyze, plan, and write objective Quality Assurance (QA) report assessments for Construction and Central Operations operating areas.
- Conduct QA field, steam plant and substation site visits and execute quality assurance activities of organizational processes to ensure: compliance with Corporate Instructions (CIs), policies and procedures, and identify risk mitigation controls.
- Apply process improvement tools and frameworks to mitigate organizational risks, identify process gaps, and recommend opportunities for improvement with operations and financial processes.
- Conduct formal root cause analysis as needed, and incident investigations with cross functional teams.
- Review and revise internal operating procedures as needed.
- Independently manage and complete assignments within required time-frame and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Sustain a workplace environment that fosters trust, inclusion, leadership, professionalism, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to operational excellence, attention to detail and the importance of personal accountability.
- Participate in departmental safety and damage prevention discussions.
- Support Construction's Storm Damage Assessment response as needed.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and 8 years in Construction, Steam, Electric, Gas, EH&S, Substation, Engineering or related experience or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Quality Management, or related field of study and 6 years in Construction, Steam, Electric, Gas, EH&S, Substation, Engineering or related experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Quality Management, or related field of study and 4 years in Construction, Steam, Electric, Gas, EH&S, Substation, Engineering or related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced using mobile applications for Company purposes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience communicating information clearly and accurately in writing, preparing reports and presentations.
- Experience with compliance assessments and/or reviewing specifications and procedures
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in Quality Control / Quality Assurance
- Experience with contractor oversight and general excavation work specifications and procedures
- Supply Chain procedures and operational knowledge
- Knowledge of Gas, Electric, Steam, EH&S and/or Engineering specifications Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and
- Demonstrated analytical skills and
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings. and
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and
- Effective negotiation skills and
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback and
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion and
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines and
- Project Demonstrated project management skills and
- Experience in a regulated environment and
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. and
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be willing and able to push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift.
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must be willing and able to wear proper PPE.
- Must be willing and able to use personal vehicle and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle (reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure).
- Must be willing and able to work in hot or cold climates during emergencies i.e. Storm Duty.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.