Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manages and oversees specific company compliance programs as assigned, including SF6, natural gas, and refrigerant gas emissions tracking and reporting programs; carbon emissions (scope 1, 2, 3) tracking, reporting and reduction programs.
- Keeps abreast of industry, NY/NJ, and global trends in the area of Environment Sustainability and Governance and other relevant emerging issues. Maintains a strong network of in-house and in-industry SME contacts and actively benchmarks to ensure consistency and best practices are well understood and incorporated in company practices and policies.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for researching and interpreting proposed and final federal, state and local environmental regulations and standards for company compliance. Provides continuing advice, counsel and technical support to all Company organizations on federal, state and local environmental regulations. Possesses strong SME level knowledge of regulatory, operational and company rules, procedures, and best practices in the area of environmental compliance.
- Reviews statistical and trend analysis of environmental compliance history. Develops and implements, as appropriate, mitigation plans/programs to improve performance. Establishes and tracks metrics that allow deeper understanding of the value of assigned programs and initiatives for improvement over time, and creates a databank for internal and external reporting of our progress. Understands climate modelling, sustainability initiatives and risk-based decision making.
- Ensures conformity with Company policy, employee relation's practices, labor agreements, and legal requirements, etc., in such a manner that effectively ensures that cooperation, harmonious employee relations, and employee performance goals will be achieved.
- Develops and implements action plans for compliance. Responsible for maintaining and revising the Company's environmental procedures and best management practices on a periodic basis within assigned program responsibility areas. Provides advice and counsel to those departments developing work procedures in compliance with these program procedures and best practices. Skilled at creating written communications on complex, technical information that is easily understood and relevant. Skilled at presenting complex, technical information to all levels so that it is easily understood and relevant. Skilled at creating new policies and procedures in the area of environmental compliance that are practical, and that can be implemented and monitored.
- Serves as liaison with and represents the Company during any inspections, visits or inquiries by representatives of EPA, NYDEC, NJDEP, and any other official agencies affecting environmental compliance.
- Assumes the functional role of Section Manager and supervises the environmental compliance staff in the absence of the Section Manager.
- Administers environmental contracts as assigned.
- Available to respond to emergencies as required.
- Represents the Company on various industry related trade groups and committees which may include the NJUA, EEANY, USWAG, AGA, NGA, and similar. Attends and presents at industry related conferences on company programs.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes, storm plans, and mutual aid deployments, as required.
- Supervises other employees from time to time who may be involved in environmental related projects. Oversees contractors similarly.
- Participates in on-call spill and EH&S incident response.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years Practical relevant experience required. Operational/Utility experience a plus.
Relevant Work Experience
- Work independently and with limited supervision; strong time and task management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Required
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, and has the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management and the union. Required
- Has strong analytical, technical, interpersonal and leadership skills. Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required. Required
- Provides off-hour, on-call support EH&S incidents as required. Required
- In depth knowledge of relevant company and industry Environmental Compliance requirements. Required
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance that pertains to the utility industry. Preferred
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance requirements that pertain to the utility industry in New York State and New Jersey. Preferred
- Knowledge of GHG policies. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.