Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversees schedules for all employees to avoid conflict with operating requirements.
- Oversee training schedules for compliance with Federal, State, NYC, Counties and company requirements.
- Responsible for the planning and estimating of all contractor work.
- Coordinate construction activities between company and contractor forces.
- Create and communicate a vision of teamwork whereby an employee grows, assume responsibility, and enhance department growth.
- Ensure company contractor labor forces are adequately trained to perform operation and maintenance of activities in environmentally safe manner.
- Ensure all permits, summons, and DOT issues are met.
- Maintain proper levels of material in stock and manager the procurement process.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with policy and governmental regulations.
- Keep accurate records, utilizing daily logs, and computer applications.
- Take a proactive action to ensure that all work is performed with the goal of zero injuries, and to minimize the potential for any environmental for community problems.
- Coordinate and monitor field activities associated with the construction and maintenance of the Electric, Gas, Steam, Facilities, Remediation and all other construction work.
- Respond to emergency call as needed 24/7.
- Review procedures a with employees to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Provide a vision for employee, communicate the vision of plan the work, safety, environmental awareness, and business strength through customer service on regular basis.
- Investigate and follows-up on company and contractor labor issues.
- Comply with company Equal Employment policies and procedures.
- Enhance the company's public image by improving the performance of field forces, and the appearance of our facilities and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with operating maintenance, housekeeping, and safety procedures that will provide for employee safety and welfare.
- Maintain inter and intra department, and the company to ensure maximized profit and value to our customers and stakeholders.
- Engender and support a culture of honesty, trust, integrity and encourage openness on all issues.
- Ensure the department is in compliance with the corporate contractor oversight system.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence and Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing customers experience.
- Enhance department processes to maximize efficiency.
- Promotes a customer service orientation among Supervisors and their crews. Stresses professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence and teamwork within the unit.
- Evaluates the performance of the unit, assists in determining human and other resource needs and provides input into the organizations budget, training, safety and environmental plans and programs.
- Environmental and Safety: Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Monitors compliance with Company policies and procedures e.g., equal employment Opportunity (EEO), Substance Abuse, Discipline, Security,
- Productivity and Environmental Instructions, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Fill in for Manager/or Supervisor/CCI when required. Coordinate with engineering and support organizations to address the preparation of equipment/system corrective action plans.
- As necessary, provide support for the Construction Manager and General Manager with other issues such as monitoring and tracking of overall departmental performance (e.g. Key Performance Indicators - KPIs), support with Construction Services Issues, departmental and executive level presentations, and other assigned tasks necessary for the success of the department.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and 7 years related experience. Related experience includes work experience in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc. or
- Associate's Degree in Construction management, or Technical Field (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Architecture) and 5 years related experience. Related experience includes work experience in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc. or
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction management, or Technical Field (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Architecture) and 3 years related experience. Related experience includes work experience in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc.
Relevant Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Depending on education level, position requires work experience in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and conduct adversarial meetings.
- Knowledge of specifications and procedures of contracts
- Requires strong communication skills (verbal and written) as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to effectively work with all levels of personnel, both inside and outside of the company.
- Requires excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Requires ability to management multiple projects, meet deadlines, and provide emergency response as needed
- Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Required
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Specifications and procedures of contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all contract administration procedures. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and
- Demonstrated analytical skills and
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings. and
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and
- Effective negotiation skills and
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback and
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion and
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines and
- Project Demonstrated project management skills and
- Experience in a regulated environment and
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. and
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be willing and able to push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift.
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must be willing and able to wear proper PPE.
- Must be willing and able to use personal vehicle and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle (reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure).
- Must be willing and able to work in hot or cold climates during emergencies i.e. Storm Duty.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.