Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- WHO WE ARE:
- At Con Edison, we celebrate a long and proud history of energizing the most vibrant region in the country. We provide safe and reliable energy to our customers while protecting the environment and fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce. No matter heat waves or cold snaps, we are here to provide the level of service our customers deserve and expect. So come join our team and help us build a brighter future.
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Come be a part of our Computer Operation team, responsible for the reliability of the Energy Management System (EMS) and other critical ancillary systems, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will be on the cutting edge of ensuring the reliability of the critical systems that control and monitor the bulk power system and support the reliable expansion of our systems to include renewable supplies and innovative technologies to serve our customers! You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where information is shared, and new ideas are welcomed.
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take a lead role in updating critical systems such as EMS, state estimator, contingency analysis, power flow and modeling of applicable electric system.
- Design, develop and implement system enhancements and patches as well as provide vendor support.
- Perform the role of subject matter expert (SME) to support the daily maintenance of databases, displays, software application development, training, and ancillary systems.
- Foster and direct the identification, justification, development and implementation of new ideas that improve electric/steam systems control, improve economics and security, increase productivity and enhance employee training.
- Uphold change management process related to changes for regulatory and departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools to ensure compliance with NERC CIP regulatory requirements and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' relevant experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 6 years' relevant experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Practical experience in the application and implementation of computer-based control and monitoring systems. Required
- In-depth knowledge of scientific programming and systems management. Required
- Experience using/working with SCADA systems. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.