Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Evaluates the performance of DA field devices and recommend replacements and improvements. Works with vendors and evaluates new equipment for inclusion into DA programs.
- Collaborates with Automation engineers to insure adequacy and accuracy of analog, status and control signals from field device's instrumentations. Familiar with logic programming, RTUs, RTAC's and other automation equipment.
- Works with Telecom departments to evaluate, test and implement various communication mediums such as radio wave and 4G cellular technologies. Familiar with communication protocols such as DNP3.
- Develops informal and formal testing for Tech Lab performance trials of automation products and sensors. Develops field testing plans for new automation equipment and systems. Recommends developments to functional scope and design documentation for enhancements to existing systems.
- Understands construction and the operation of electric delivery systems and has knowledge of automation and use of distribution automation devices such as reclosers, capacitors, and switches. Supports the construction department to test, repair, troubleshoot, and commission DA field devices.
- Understands electrical theory, analog and digital circuitry and able to perform simulation testing to confirm proper operation of DA devices and sensors.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to industry research organizations such as EPRI, NYSERDA and IEEE for knowledge transfer and utility collaboration.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 2 years of engineering work experience Electric or Mechanical preferred
- Master's Degree Electrical Engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- Technical experience in operations, engineering, system operations, or information systems. Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Required
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Work well in team situations, be willing and able to lead and participate in cross functional teams as required. Must be creative and have the ability to work in a team atmosphere. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Understands electrical theory and analog and digital circuitry Required
- Familiar with logic programming, RTUs, RTAC's and other automation equipment. Required
- Familiar with communication protocols such as DNP3 Preferred
- Experience in design and configuration of a Human Machine Interface or SCADA systems for automation system visualization. Preferred
- Experience in the programming and configuration of serial communications between automation devices and to HMI/SCADA systems. Preferred
- Experience and knowledge of electric utility distribution. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Professional Engineer's License in NY or NJ. Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.