Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Analyst will be responsible to:
- This role will play an integral role for the Maximo Consolidation Program related projects. He/she should have strong project management skills.
- Manage projects including but not limited to resources, scope, budget (costs), schedule & overall project plans.
- Drives the development of Scope of Work (SOW), Request for Proposal (RFP) and manage the implementation process for all projects and develops strategies for implementation.
- Act as the liaison between IT & business users to maintain working relationship as well as best practices. Communicates & influences strategic direction & can represent IT at senior executive level.
- Support department goals with analysis of system problems and the formulation of system changes including the development of code, performing testing and updating documentation.
- Collaborates with peers; researches, establishes and updates technical standards and procedures. Manages application development lifecycle and methodologies, provides oversight on processes and other governance responsibilities.
- Provides guidance & or conducts architectural, configuration, solution & quality reviews. Takes the lead on issues requiring coordination with all internal IT groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Writes programming specifications with guidance, based on systems design for small to medium changes.
- Provides recommendation on Project Management training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of junior members of the team. Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Develop/support Maximo applications and integrations. Code applications, works with vendors to install software packages and/or supports the application environment.
- Provides application server and desktop support and maintenance for vendor provided packages.
- Performs unit, integration and system testing and sets up user acceptance testing for small to medium sized projects. Performs high-level applications testing for technology upgrades. Prepares routine maintenance changes on small to medium projects for move to production.
- Troubleshoots production problems and assists others as required.
- Makes recommendations for improving application design and implementation in light of process changes or changes in business or technology environment.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience; or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Engineering
- Associate's Degree preferably in IT
Relevant Work Experience
- Some experience developing modern object-oriented APIs (e.g., REST, GraphQL, ProtoBuf) preferably using languages and frameworks like .NET/C#, Spring Boot, or NodeJS. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required. Required
- A good understanding of development best practices, agile ways of working, and architectural patterns. Required
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders in non-tech language. Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines simultaneously. Required
- Some experience with the Microsoft development family (.NET, SQL Server, Azure DevOps). Preferred
- Have an understanding of the Project Management principles and SDLC methodology. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.