Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Represent the Company in federal, state and local court and administrative proceedings and to negotiate and/or litigate in connection with labor and employment compliance matters.
- Provide advice and counsel to Company management on compliance with federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, rules, and regulations.
- Support Company management in the negotiation, implementation, and interpretation of the Company's labor contracts.
- Perform legal research, write legal memoranda and draft contracts.
- Provide any other labor and employment-related legal services related to Company operations.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
- Work with and support outside counsel on matters of moderate or high complexity.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate from a recognized and accredited law school
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be admitted to practice law in the state of New York. Required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years legal experience with a focus on labor and employment matters (including administrative and judicial proceedings). Required
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communication, litigation and negotiation skills. Required
- First chair deposition experience. Preferred
- Experience with OSHA, ERISA, Immigration. Preferred
- First or second chair trial experience. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.