Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide engineering requirements and specifications for the revenue metering of various types of customers and provide support during implementation. Develop procedures for the test, initialization, and maintenance of metering devices.
- Ability to work with metering software programs to activate, configure and troubleshoot solid state meters and metering devices. Assist in the development of both hardware and software to be used for state of the art metering devices.
- Assist shop supervisors in the implementation and review of test procedures and methods, new product evaluation, and the preparation of reports for PSC/Engineering review. Perform fault analysis on solid state metering equipment and associated components.
- Provide training and guidance for supervision and weekly employees in the application, operation and use of metering equipment and associated software programs.
- Work with the engineering staff on evaluation testing and developing specifications, procedures and design criteria for metering equipment. Provide technical support to other departments, such as but not limited to, Meter & Test, Revenue Protection, Energy Efficiency, Energy Services and Customer Operations. Perform all work in compliance with applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering and 2 years related experience
Skills & Ability
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Promotes information sharing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work in a shop/industrial environment
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.