Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for collaborating with key stakeholder organizations to develop legal and regulatory documents necessary to implement the Interconnection and Design Build Project Portfolios; including developing, negotiating, drafting and executing a variety of transactional, real estate and regulatory agreements to meet a project's legal and regulatory needs; preparing certain contracts and other documents, conducting follow up as needed or directed, administering contract-related processes, and handling other tasks and assignments as needed.
- Perform risk analysis review for contractual documents and recommend mitigating options.
- Prepare first drafts of contracts and agreements utilizing existing templates and forms.
- Administer contract-related processes and tasks including vendor management, data entry, reporting and tracking of key data metrics.
- Review, organize, prioritize and manage internal and external client requests,; balance customer needs against project requirements.
- Perform data collection, organization, and tracking necessary to ensure accurate, on-demand reporting in a range of areas; includes monitoring Federal and State databases such as the relevant permitting filings for transmission and generation in NYS and relevant filings pertaining to the Federal Interconnection process.
- Assist in developing facts through document analyses and other fact-finding techniques; organizing and maintaining project's legal files.
- Conduct research and prepare legal documents to support the Company's position in a legal or regulatory proceeding.
- Coordinate with and advise management personnel with respect to legal and regulatory requests; prepare professional communications that may be distributed to a varied audience.
- Manage project requests in the technical space including coordinating with engineers and other technical personnel to meet legal and regulatory commitments
- Review and analyze documents and prepare summary reports in preparation for contractual and/or regulatory negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and project commitments.
- Monitor industry trends and Federal, State and City regulations impacting the Interconnection and Design Build Portfolios.
- Develop and organize goals and tasks, track progress, and communicate status.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of direct experience in contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation. or
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation. or
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 7 years of direct experience in contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to summarize and articulate complex contractual concepts. Required
- Possess an understanding of contract development with vendors, including negotiating and executing contract terms and conditions. Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Ensure negotiated contracts comply with company polices. Required
- Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external customers professionally with tact and sensitivity. Required
- Ability to learn new software applications and databases. Required
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Required
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information. Required
- Selected candidate will be required to furnish a writing sample on a topic of their choice that demonstrates a research component and includes analysis of the topic. Required
- Familiar with the Federal Interconnection Process. Preferred
- Familiar with non-traditional project delivery methods such as Design Build or EPC. Preferred
- Familiar with the permitting process for new generation and transmission in NY State including environmental legal requirements as they pertain to permitting new infrastructure. Preferred
- Familiar with transactional and real estate legal requirements as they pertain to federal interconnection projects and building new transmission. Preferred
- Knowledge of operations and the electric, gas and steam systems. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Paralegal Certificate, degree in Legal Studies or negotiations/contracts administration. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in the field and office environment.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.