Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Design employee engagement strategy to enhance awareness and participation in core engagement programs.
- Oversee company's board service program in close coordination with senior leaders and nonprofit partner organizations.
- Manage company's corporate membership/culture card program, both facilitating partnerships with cultural institutions as well as designing and promoting related opportunities for employees.
- Identify and support opportunities for Employee Resource Groups with company partner organizations.
- Oversee the Con Edison Children's Scholarship program, including managing vendor relationships, and supporting the application and award process.
- Lead redesign of strategic partnerships website in coordination with the marketing/web team.
- Support employee volunteer program including program strategy, event planning, and on-site coordination.
- Create and deliver in-person presentations to promote employee engagement programs.
- Support strategic review of Con Edison's philanthropic and employee engagement programs.
- Support additional engagement, events, and grants program management functions as needed.
- Serve as emergency responder and participate in all aspects of Corporate Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assist in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Bachelor's Degree Corporate Affairs, Political Science or related field and three years related experience or
- Associate's Degree Corporate Affairs, Political Science or related field and five years related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience engaging in multiple team-based, competing projects and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines. Required
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and senior leadership. Required
- Detail orientation, an eye for consistency, accuracy, and precision in all areas of work. Required
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills to respond to and manage unexpected issues. Required
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments. Required
- Self-starter but collaborative, team player and skilled in being direct yet graceful. Required
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint'' Required
- Experience with employee engagement, cultural partnerships, and grantmaking databases. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.