Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At O&R, we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an
- employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and
- confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Leads the investigation and analysis of power quality problems and issues on the electric delivery system and determines /
- develops plans recommendations and solutions to correct or improve voltage issues. The Engineer is experienced with troubleshooting many issues, and makes use all available resources, both internal and external, to
- analyze power quality issues.
- The Engineer is experienced with available power quality analysis technology and testing, and occasionally
- consults with vendor equipment engineers.
- Develops and administers a power quality program for investigating circuit area voltage problems/complaints. This
- program includes, but is not limited to the following departments: Distribution Engineering, Metering, Distribution Control
- Center, Electric Operations, Customer Service, and Performance Operational Engineering.
- Authors procedure guides, reports and presentations to summarize and document technical analysis.
- Attend meetings with other utilities and R&D seminars to review interconnection requirements, power quality initiatives,
- and system protection schemes related to Distributed Generation systems.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in the Distribution Engineering field
- through webinars, industry conferences, stakeholder meetings and technical committees as applicable.
- Participates in Operations support functions, including circuit fuse coordination studies, motor start calculations, capacitor
- and voltage regulator location and setting recommendations, substation transformer fixed tap and LTC settings.
- Performs Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection studies as required.
- Performs Distribution Protection coordination studies as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- (BSEE) and 3-5 or more years of total work experience in
- distribution engineering work or
- related operations experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Possess the ability to effectively interact with customer, customer
- representatives, trade organizations and governmental agencies. Required
- An experienced engineer capable of running projects and approving
- drawings and possess familiarity with electrical systems and electric
- distribution construction. Required
- Show ability to apply good individual judgment, initiative, creativity and
- decision making in the handling of assignments. Required
- Possess demonstrated ability to train and to supervise other employees
- effectively. Required
- Experience in distribution protection / power quality engineering or electric
- operations is preferred. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferrederable to have a NY, NJ & PA Professional Engineer's License or be in the process of qualifying for a license. Preferred
- Other: Must be able and willing to travel within
- Company service territory, as needed. Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.