Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct field inspections to ensure that all company facilities are protected, supported, maintained in accordance with all applicable engineering designs, specifications, procedures, and/or codes in all boroughs.
- Ensure all code 753 requirements are implemented on every applicable job.
- When applicable, conduct Job Briefing, Job Site Safety Exchanges (JSSE), Safety Stand-down, and/or relevant OJT's with CE field personnel, or contractors.
- Ensure that the contractor's means and methods conform to their HASP and local, state, and federal regulations. Assure all contractor work is conducted within stipulations required by applicable NYC permits, guidelines, and minimize qualify of life issues for the community we serve.
- The CCI supervises the work effort of Construction Representatives and inspectors engaged in all aspects of contract administration and inspections with an emphasis on CAR/NOV inspections and casting regrades
- Respond and act as an incident commander when required on damages or environmental and safety incidents involving construction projects.
- Respond to company-wide events, such as storm emergencies, heat alerts, system outages, feeder patrols, etc.
- Respond to contractor damages and prepare damage investigation reports as required.
- Ensure all contractor performance for CE contractors is reported through the contractor oversight system (COS) and report all contractor incidents through Infraction Reports and Action Lines. Ensure close out in compliance with the corrective action plan.
- Ensure all contract changes are processed in accordance with Construction Administration Manual (CAM), Interference Control Manual (ICM), process all change documents and review and approve time sheets, unit quantities and invoices.
- Ensure all project schedules are maintained, and coordinate with engineering, estimating, purchasing, work management, electric/gas/steam operations, etc. to resolves technical, field or contract issues.
- Perform night, overtime, and weekend supervisory duties as required.
- Establish and maintain professional, effective, timely, and consistent communication with all field inspectors, project specialists, managers, and all required company and external agency personnel.
- Communicate and enforce operational and procedural changes when required among its peers and direct reports.
- Maintain a driver license, NY State Project Monitor Certification, respirator and asbestos qualifications, gas operator qualification, as well as work permit certifications as required by job functions.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
- May perform other tasks and assignments as needed
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years field construction experience is required
- Associate's Degree In lieu of the Bachelor's degree Associate degree and 4 years field construction experience; OR
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Business and 2 years field construction experience
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competent in the use of Auto-Cad to generate drawings.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle to travel between work locations to be reimbursed through company mileage policy.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.