Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- As a Human Resources Quality Assurance/Compliance Sr. Specialist, you will be responsible for assessing the quality and performance of HR Operations processes, evaluating risks, driving continuous improvement, and process innovation. This position will also ensure effective processes are implemented to support regulatory compliance and audit readiness.
- Strong demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and compliance.
- Analyze, plan, and execute quality assurance activities of organizational processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Apply process improvement tools and frameworks to mitigate organizational risks, identify process gaps, meet KPI goals and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and recommend work practice changes where HR areas can perform work functions more efficiently and productively.
- Enter recommendations from reviews into tracking system and follow up with responsible individuals to validate that recommendations have been implemented.
- Develop professional relationships and collaborate with the Human Resource (HR) Areas, and other departments that interact with HR, as well as our regulators and vendors.
- Assist in the performance of special and/or periodic reviews to meet operational needs or in preparation of regulatory audits.
- Will partner as Human Resources co-lead for the CEO Certification team.
- Provide assistance with updating and submitting various internal reports on compliance activities and highlights on a periodic basis. Identify and report on trends.
- Assist with the preparation of filings and reports for compliance purposes.
- Will help to drive a culture of problem solving, continuous improvement and innovation with HR Operations team.
- Will work independently, maintain confidentiality and place a high significance on personal accountability. Promote a positive work ethic that supports our Corporate Values and Mission Statement of Con Edison.
- Partner with and initiate benchmarking activities with other organizations and outside utilities.
- Ensure compliance with all state regulations and Legislation.
- Comply with the Company's Standards of Business Conduct, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI) policies and practices.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of work experience Relevant experience to include, but not limited to Quality Assessment, Reporting/Trending; Risk Mgmt; Auditing or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years of work experience Relevant experience to include, but not limited to Quality Assessment, Reporting/Trending; Risk Mgmt; Auditing or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant work experience Relevant experience to include, but not limited to Quality Assessment, Reporting/Trending; Risk Mgmt; Auditing.
- Bachelor's Degree Quality Assessment work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have work experience that demonstrates excellent analytical thinking skills with the ability to evaluate work production, productivity impacts, risks and trends. Required and
- Must have work experience that demonstrates strong knowledge of quality management, processes and continuous process improvement methodologies and process innovation techniques. Required and
- Must have work experience that demonstrates initiative and follow through, and exercise discretion in coordinating projects, reports and information as required in a busy environment. Required and
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and render sound decisions. Required and
- Must have demonstrated experience scheduling, planning and coordinating meetings, events, and other team functions. Required and
- Must have work experience that demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure, have a positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent customer focus. Required and
- Must possess informal leadership and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders. Required and
- Must have excellent communication skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively, and confidently, interact with all levels of employees. Required and
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills to track and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced setting. Required and
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and database management systems required. Required
- Experience that demonstrates knowledge of Shared Service Center processes and environment, preferably in HR processes. Preferred or
- Knowledge or experience with regulatory compliance. Preferred or
- Experience in Database management systems. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.