Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manages a team of technical staff to provide communication solutions for the Company. Manages and plans the strategy of infrastructure technology within a dedicated discipline for use throughout the Company. Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Provides operational support for Company IT infrastructure systems and establishes roadmaps and strategy to sustain. Ensures integration within and between IT domains by assessing solution options and guiding the development of business solutions through innovative technology solutions. Establishes and/or collaborates on technical standards, development, integration and maintenance.
- Drives the development of architectures around one or more technology domains (e.g. Information Security, application, data, advanced technologies, Software As A Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, etc) &/or business process architectures. Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Monitors the IT, Information Security, & business industry as well as best practices; develops strategies for implementation. Communicates & influences strategic direction & can represent IR at senior executive level
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for the integration of business processes, applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor & internally developed applications.
- Manage projects including but not limited to resources, scope, budget (costs), schedule & overall project plans.
- Collaborates with peers; researches, establishes and updates technical standards; manages application development lifecycle and methodologies, provides oversight on processes and other governance responsibilities.
- Provides guidance &/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution & quality reviews. Takes the lead on issues requiring coordination with all internal IR groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Develops staff; researches/provides recommendation on technical training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of junior technical staff
- Collaborate with Information Security leads and the Cyber Security Operations Center to achieve Information Security objectives.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree 6 years of experience in information technology or information security field.
- Bachelor's Degree 8 years of experience in information technology or information security field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred.
- Training and/or certification in one or more domains desired, e.g. application architecture, data architecture, IT Infrastructure, business/process architecture or redesign.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience designing, developing, implementing Information Security or Information Technology solutions. Required and
- Three (3) years supervisory / managerial experience required. Required and
- Thorough understanding of communication protocols and standards. Required and
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles. Required and
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available infrastructure components. Required and
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard implementations. Required and
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g. service oriented architectures. Required and
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Required and
- Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Required and
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required and
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Required and
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required and
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g. Cloud technologies, SIEM, and Threat Management Preferred and
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.