Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the development of a strategy to identify and fund community-based organizations working on clean energy and technology career readiness.
- Build partnerships with diverse nonprofit organizations that equip secondary and post-secondary students with the skills and competencies for green, sustainable, clean energy and technology careers.
- Invest in leading nonprofits who are delivering cutting edge programming for careers in clean energy and technology that will contribute to a qualified and diverse talent pipeline for both the company and related industries.
- Serve as a liaison to connect the company's talent development team with the pipelines of our nonprofit partners.
- Convene representatives from across business units to assess how partner programs can create business value and demonstrate measurable outcomes and impacts for our communities.
- Stay abreast of relevant issues, trends, and policy developments in the clean energy and tech career space.
- Maintain close relationships with grantee organizations, reviewing proposals and recommending and evaluating grants.
- Establish methods for measuring and evaluating the impact and outcomes of partnerships that fit with Con Edison's objectives.
- Review and interpret program data and tell a story about what the data means for Con Edison's impact on our communities.
- Develop requests for proposals for special initiatives and signature programs.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders working in the workforce/green jobs space and represent the company at events and on committees as appropriate.
- Work across portfolios to help advance the overall effectiveness of the entire grantmaking program and processes, develop overarching grantmaking documents, processes, and strategies.
- Work in-office at Con Edison's Manhattan Headquarters a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Bachelor's Degree Corporate Affairs, Political Science or related field and 6 years work experience in philanthropy and grants management, with a demonstrated passion for supporting community organizations breaking down gender, racial and economic barriers.
- Master's Degree in public administration/policy, or related field.
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrates understanding of diverse communities across Con Edison's service territory. Required
- Demonstrates experience working with nonprofits in the clean energy and tech careers space. Required
- Ability to identify programmatic crossover within Con Edison's portfolio areas and operational priorities. Required
- Experience conducting due diligence and evaluating nonprofit capacity. Required
- Experience building and managing relationships with external partner organizations. Required
- Experience with data analysis and program evaluation. Required
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities and exceptional research, writing, and presentation skills. Required
- Strong project, time management, and organization skills, as well as an ability to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills, judgment, and humility. Required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite. Required
- Experience with Benevity or other grantmaking databases. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.