Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Evaluate existing security measures in place to protect the company's assets and devise improvement strategies taking into account operational procedures and financial constraints. Complete vulnerability assessments and provide viable solutions to mitigate gaps.
- Devise effective automated security strategies to combat theft, respond to incidents and offer cost-effective viable security solutions to a given facility.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding video surveillance, physical access control, intrusion prevention and other physical security technology applications.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to define their requirements, introduce specific technologies which meet those requirements, design, architect, and qualify proposed solutions, create Visio infrastructure topologies, proposals, and statements of work specific to the solutions to be offered and then present/review them with the customer.
- Manages, oversees, and coordinates all Technology aspects for all types of projects including the most complex projects from award through completion of project, including overall Technology Management for successful and timely completion within budget as required by the contract. Handles multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to integrate technical and system security requirements, including but not limited to Access Control, intrusion detection systems (IDS), video surveillance systems , and duress systems, into the overall security design drawings/models, using Vizio.
- Liaise with local law enforcement authorities on matters of mutual interests.
- Effectively interact with various management levels and strengthen security measures within the facilities assigned.
- Work varied schedules at the discretion of the (Area) Manager.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the (Area) Manager, Section Manager and/or Director of Corporate Security.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Must be able to respond 24/7 to any type of security issue.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 20 years of work experience as a professional law enforcement officer with experience in technical security equipment
- Associate's Degree and 4 years related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have experience working with technical physical security mitigation equipment. Required
- Must have strong working knowledge of security software platforms. Required
- Must posses strong analytical, organizational and investigative skills in order to handle multiple assignments, changing priorities and achieve deadlines. Required
- Ability to apply new and more efficient and effective ways of conducting business and solving new or unusual investigative problems. Required
- Must be a self-starter and have proven ability to analyze trends, delve into investigative facts and circumstances and correlate findings and leads into solving more egregious incidents. Required
- Must be a proactive security presence in the area assigned and offer viable security alternatives within the operational constraints of the facility. Required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively interact with business unit personnel and various levels of management throughout the company. Required
- Ability to communicative effectively (written and verbal) a must, maintain confidentiality and be able to prepare clear, concise and informative reports and make presentations as necessary to management. Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Required
- Must have 20 years work experience as a professional law enforcement officer with experience in physical security technical equipment. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Possesses strong product knowledge
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be available to be on-call 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Position requires extensive travel within Con Edison's service territory.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.