Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform day to day support to maintain and administer Energy Management System. Support will include - programming, database support, scripting, creating operational displays and support ancillary systems such as data historian systems.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of system enhancements and patches.
- Help coordinate activities with software vendors and service contractors.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the tools for modeling the Electric System including state estimator, contingency analysis and power flow calculations.
- Enforce the change management process to comply with regulatory and departmental procedures, guidelines, and processes while integrating important updates to protection from cyber vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshoot problems and be on call to provide off-hours support.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to report and address telemetry problem.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer
- Science or related field and a minimum of two (2) year of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience using/working with SCADA systems and Energy Management System (EMS) Required
- Experience using Microsoft excel and other office products. Required
- Knowledge of scientific programming and critical systems management. Required
- Experience working in a regulated cybersecurity environment. Required
- Be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines. Preferred
- Be able to evaluate, prioritize and respond to rapidly changing conditions. Requires computer proficiency. Preferred
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to pass Industrial Psychologist examination.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.