Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop processes and lead (project manage) the buildout of technology solutions to support enterprise data sharing at the Company. This will include technology evaluation, implementation, and procurement activities.
- Provide strategic & technological counsel and light project management assistance in support of data sharing initiatives, including but not limited to the New York State IEDR (Integrated Energy Data Resource) project. This may include:
- Creation, organization and delivery of project artifacts and materials, including IT-specific workstream plans and presentations
- Financial and resource estimation, forecasting, and budgeting
- Work closely with the Data Governance Office to ensure alignment with data policies and procedures and assist with relevant revisions and additions to policy and procedure.
- Collaborate with business partners (including Statewide Energy Data Sharing team, ORU Utility of the Future, Privacy Compliance, Customer Operations, Law) to ensure that requirements of business initiatives are being well served by our solutions, and are in alignment with Data Operations processes.
- Collaborate across IT teams (Business Systems Delivery, Enterprise Architecture, Information Security) as needed to ensure data sharing solutions are abiding by IT standard architectures and policies and that data sharing efforts do not create meaningful impacts to important operational systems.
- Align with other company project teams on related data projects as needed to manage interdependencies.
- Coordinate and benchmark CECONY and O&R efforts with the Joint Utilities of New York (JU) and other external stakeholders, including the NY Public Service Commission, NYSERDA and others
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve engagement and value for all our stakeholders
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include data privacy, data governance, and emerging Company data initiatives
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field and with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field and with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience developing and delivering IT solutions Required
- Experience documenting functional and non-functional requirements for IT solutions Required
- Experience developing project plans, including resource planning, stakeholder identification, and timelines Required
- Experience identifying and mitigating project risks and issues Required
- Experience developing project budgets, forecasts, and other cost management activities Required
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings, presenting to project stakeholders Required
- Experience working in teams implementing new technologies and assisting in technology assessments Required
- Experience developing new processes and procedures Required
- Organizational Change Management experience (OCM) Preferred
- Familiarity with data technologies, including but not limited to data streaming, data integration, analytics, and/or data sharing Preferred
- Familiarity with data privacy concepts and laws Preferred
- 2 years Project management experience Preferred
- Experience evaluating use case benefits and documenting process change requirements Preferred
- Experience participating in development of software standards and/or reference architectures Preferred
- Experience evaluating interdependencies of IT systems & processes Preferred
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum framework Preferred
- Experience working in a regulatory environment and with a broad external stakeholder base Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies as required Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Technical certification in IT Preferred
- Other: Certified ScrumMaster Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.