Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Construction Supervisor is responsible supervising bargaining unit employees around the system and ensuring that all work is performed safely and in accordance with operating procedures and engineering specifications, including all construction standards that govern the work. The supervisor will monitor and schedule daily work, react to changing priorities and communicate changes in work assignments to Construction Managers. The supervisor must understand the vital importance of teamwork, communication and promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission.
- Supervise and coordinate repair/ fabrication of equipment utilizing fine machining and/or welding/burning/ bolting applications.
- Train workers in operation and maintenance of equipment, including On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Supervise weekly personnel around the system and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with procedures that govern the work.
- Take responsibility for the safety of direct reports, monitor quality, productivity and provide feedback that will help individuals progress in their title.
- Ensure that all time entry and submitted documentation is accurate and signed In accordance with accurate time reporting expectations
- Adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S)
- Provide and assist with developing a positive morale and handle employee concerns in a professional timely fashion.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer Experience
- Must be flexible to handle multiple work assignments, changing priorities, and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant technical or business experience and knowledge is required or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years of relevant technical or business experience and knowledge is required or
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of relevant technical or business experience and knowledge is required
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Business or related 2 years of relevant experience and knowledge is required
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effective leadership skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to respond to emergency conditions when called.
- Must be willing to work overtime, on all shifts and be on call 24 hours a day.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.