Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervise union inspectors/field inspectors, General Utility Workers and ensure they understand the scope of work as per the contract drawings, specifications, special conditions
- Review, with the planner, the Current Working Estimate
- Conduct field inspections to ensure contractors are performing the scope of work by reviewing contract drawings, specifications, special conditions, etc
- Ensure all site safety protocols are implemented with contractor and field crew, as well as compliance of work with general public safety and with NYC DOB Code and Code 753 on every applicable job.
- When applicable, conduct Job Briefings, Job Site Safety Exchanges (JSSE), tool box talks, and/or relevant On-the-Job Training with field personnel or contractors. Conduct frequent field walk-throughs with contractor and company personnel.
- Ensure that the contractor's means and methods conform to their approved Environmental Health and Safety Plan (EHASP) and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assure all contractor work is conducted within stipulations required by applicable permits, guidelines, specifications and minimize quality of life issues for the community we serve.
- Analyze, monitor, track, and accrue all project related costs and ensures all cost information is incorporated into the project accounting system.
- Manage payments, lien releases and cashflow throughout project. Provide accurate forecasting and management of budgets.
- Maintain all project files including, but not limited to, daily logs on contractor activities, updated schedules and contract drawings, submittals/RFI's, meeting minutes, photos, sign-in sheets and personnel qualifications/certifications.
- Establish and maintain professional, effective, timely, and consistent communication with all project stakeholders and all required company and external agency personnel such as DOB quality control inspectors.
- Manage contractors on site; coordinate weekly work activities within established project schedule and budget.
- Monitor construction design as per actual field work and constructibility.
- Review and file all closeout documentation, punch list items, product information and manufacturer warranties to ensure proper project closeout and turnover.
- Maintain/coordinate all special inspections and 3rd-party inspections as per specifications, drawings and filing/permit requirements.
- Conduct weekly meetings with contractors, architect, engineer and all personnel to review schedule and safety issues that may arise.
- Possess ability to understand scope sequencing and constructibility of design.
- Generate purchase orders for the 3rd-party inspections and services under the company's Blanket Purchase Agreements.
- Establish and maintain a -Zero Harm- working environment for individuals and the environment.
- Respond and assist in emergencies such as damages, environmental, and safety issues. Respond to company-wide events, such as storm emergencies, heat alerts, system outages, feeder patrols, etc.
- Respond to contractor damages and prepare damage investigation reports as required.
- Ensure all contractor performance for CE contractors is reported through the contractor oversight system (COS) and report all contractor incidents through Infraction Reports and Action Lines. Ensure timely closeouts.
- Ensure all contract changes are processed in accordance with internal Construction Administration Manual policies and procedures (CAM), Interference Control Manual (ICM).
- Manage all change order processes and review and approve time sheets, unit quantities and invoices.
- Ensure all project schedules and budgets are maintained, and coordinate with engineering, estimating, purchasing, work management, electric/gas/steam operations, etc. to resolves technical, field or contract issues.
- Perform night, overtime, and weekend supervisory duties as required.
- Communicate and enforce operational and procedural changes when required among peers and direct reports.
- Resolve problems involving labor disputes, material delivery and contract administration.
- Maintain a driver's license and the qualifications and/or certifications obtained through the position. These include but are not limited to OSHA, CPR, NY State Project Monitor Certification, respirator and asbestos qualifications, gas operator qualification, as well as work permit certifications as required by job functions. Additional certifications may be required and provided through on-the-job training.
- Review, understand, and discuss with contractor and/or company personnel company plates, drawings, engineering specs.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree and with 3 years field construction, construction management, project management or site superintendent experience or
- Associate's Degree and with 5 years field construction, construction management, project management or site superintendent experience; or
- High School Diploma/GED and with 8 years field construction, construction management, project management or site superintendent experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or Project Management with 2 years field construction experience Engineer-In Training Certificate (EIT/FE) preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- Fundamental background in construction management and be knowledgeable in electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, construction or Operations Required
- Knowledge of the facilities, remediation, electric, gas and/or steam system Required
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications and engineering documents Required
- Knowledge of NYC & NYS Construction Codes (Buildings, Highway, Water/Sewer, etc) Required
- Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures related to working in generating stations, substations, commercial facilities, public streets, tunnels, bridges, etc. Required
- Knowledge of scheduling, project planning and coordination Required
- Knowledge of and ability to manage contract administration procedures, inspection and cost control Required
- Ability to interface with external agencies and customers Required
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, presentation and technical skills Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access Database) Required
- Knowledge of industry standard construction, means, methods and safety Required
- Knowledge of subsurface infrastructure construction (water, sewer, electric, gas, etc.) Required
- Ability to manage multiple projects, contractors/vendors, and personnel at the same time Required
- Proficiency and knowledge of ProjectWise, Auto-CAD, Micro-station, Microsoft Projects, Primavera, MAXIMO, and/or Oracle Work Management System (preferred)
- Knowledge of NYS & NYC DOT rules, regulations and permits (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.