Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This role will be on a hybrid work schedule.
- Review, negotiate and draft financing documents, with limited supervision.
- Determine requirements for and, if required, prepare requests for regulatory approvals and other regulatory filings for financing transactions.
- Provide legal support in connection with periodic reports to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K).
- Review, negotiate and draft bank credit arrangements.
- Provide legal support in connection with Company presentations at financial conferences.
- Counsel and advise internal clients and senior management regarding these legal services.
- Perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
- Review and prepare comments on proposed regulations and legislation.
- Assist in the cross-training of other attorneys in the Law Department.
- Perform administrative functions relating to the operation of the Law Department.
- Perform other legal services, tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Juris Doctorate and Admission to the New York State Bar required.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant securities/corporate finance experience, including negotiating and drafting financing and disclosure documents; regulatory filings for financing transactions; bank credit arrangements; and advising clients regarding the same. Required
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent negotiation, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills, and must be able to adopt a proactive customer-centric mentality. Required
- Must possess a good working knowledge of securities and corporate finance legal principles. Required
- Writing samples are required and should include examples of both narrative writing and contract drafting. Required
- Must be flexible and able to handle busy work environment. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.