Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Build your clean energy career on one of the largest electric vehicle teams in the country! This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, apply cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space, collaborate closely with diverse teams, and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition and the EV charging market.
- The Section Manager for Technology Design & Tools will lead the teams that manage all IT business and functional requirements of Con Edison E-Mobility programs and services and support E-Mobility development and use of IT tools to promote programmatic success, operational efficiencies, and strategic initiatives.
- Lead the strategy for development of existing and new tools to meet the E-Mobility team's ongoing business and customer needs, including but not limited to Salesforce platforms, PowerBI, AI tools, GIS mapping tools, and cost calculators.
- Lead team developing and maintaining E-Mobility's data governance processes.
- Lead team providing E-Mobility with in-house analytics resources and expertise.
- Collaborate with enterprise IT and Digital Products teams to ensure that E-Mobility platforms and tools are best in class and efficiently implemented while meeting all Con Edison corporate guidelines.
- Lead the team in troubleshooting existing tool functionality, identifying improvements, and partnering with Company teams to implement new functionality for program portal and tool integrations with other systems.
- Set guiding principles and strategic direction for the team who oversees the build of new functionality or systems for future or expanded E-Mobility programs.
- Develop and maintain a holistic approach for E-Mobility users (external customers and program participants and internal project managers and team members) through partnering with internal departments on innovative platform design, enterprise integrations, and training and support.
- Support procurement and management of third-party consultants and technology providers, as needed.
- Participate and work effectively in cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from time to time.
- Recruit, develop, and retain an engaged and diverse workforce.
- Actively support the professional development of the Technology Design & Tools team.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of work experience 2 years energy, utility, or other relevant business work experience. or
- Master's Degree and 6 years of work experience 2 years energy, utility, or other relevant business work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in IT, computer science, analytics, data science, energy, or sustainability disciplines. or 2 years utility or other business work experience managing IT projects.
- Master's Degree Degree in IT, computer science, analytics, data science, energy, or sustainability disciplines. or 2 years utility or other business work experience managing IT projects.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience managing a team and developing its members. Required
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues who have a diverse set of experiences and approaches in order to drive business results. Required
- Excellent organizational capabilities and proven successful management of detailed, complex initiatives. Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Required
- Experience managing successful implementation of IT projects, including third-party vendor management. Preferred
- Experience implementing or maintaining Salesforce instances and applications. Preferred
- Experienced user of data visualization tools like PowerBI and Tableau. Preferred
- Experience working with GIS mapping systems. Preferred
- Experience developing or maintaining IT and data governance processes. Preferred
- Experience with agile project management practices. Preferred
- Strong communications, presentation, writing, and analytical skills. Preferred
- Experience working in energy or sustainability disciplines. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.