Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Staff Attorney is responsible for independently litigating personal injury and property damage lawsuits for the Company and working with other members in the Law Department on matters, as necessary.
- Provide legal representation, advice, and support for the Company on matters of moderate complexity or significance with minimal supervision. Thinking critically about legal issues faced and potential resolutions.
- Assist a more senior attorney in providing legal representation, advice, or support for the Company on matters of high complexity or significance.
- Oversee or conduct legal research relevant to scope of responsibility.
- Identify and become knowledgeable about relevant factual and legal issues and establish a strategy for handling a lawsuit or matter.
- Identify relevant witnesses, evidence, documents, and databases.
- Make regular entries into case management software to document progress, events and updates on legal matters and develop and execute resolution strategies.
- Represent the Company at depositions, hearings, court conferences, and trials in New York State courts (Supreme Court, Civil Court, and Small Claims Court) and Federal courts, as needed.
- Draft pleadings, motions, and legal memoranda clearly, accurately, and effectively.
- Provide support to other Law Department groups.
- May provide oversight and guidance to external vendors and counsel.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate from a recognized/accredited Law School.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of six year's experience as a practicing attorney. Required
- Must be an attorney in good standing admitted to practice in the State of New York. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.