Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Organize and maintain customer data as it relates to sales opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships with key C-Suite executives amongst Con Edison's largest customers.
- Support development of sales tools that can be used to evaluate energy efficiency or electrification project economics.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate all sales program performance against goals. Develop recommendations for sales program improvements. Collaborate with program teams, building engineering, market research/analytics and marketing on Sales programs.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate individual program performance against annual sales goals.
- Support development of an effective sales strategy through data driven analytics.
- Identify and maintain contacts of key stakeholders, including but not limited to end use customers, contractors, developers, etc.
- Help to establish new contact leads that can be handed off to a business development manager.
- Monitor and maintain all sales activities (i.e., leads, facility assessments, outreach, etc.) in CRM system and ensure outreach activities are occurring.
- Participate and support coordination of energy efficiency industry events and forums.
- Support other activities with stakeholders as needed.
- Liaison between customer and program team to address conflict resolution.
- Work closely with the Company's Market Research/Analytics and Research and Development teams and other energy related research organizations, such as EPRI, AGA, E-Source to understand new technologies, sales process and tools to support growth and achieve business goals and keep informed of industry trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business/Economics, Marketing or an Equivalent and 5+ years of professional work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to Build Relationships with C-suite Executives. Required
- Strong Verbal, Written and Presentation Communication Skills. Required
- Experience in using Salesforce or other CRM systems proficiently. Required
- Experience developing new reports and dashboards for tracking team performance. Required
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Required
- Highly Organized and Detail Oriented. Required
- Experience with outreach and cold calling to build a book of business. Required
- Ability to effectively communicate all program offerings to various types of audiences. Required
- Analytical and Financial acumen. Required
- Strong Project Management Skills with PMP certification being a plus. Preferred
- Technical Background w/ Energy Efficiency Experience. Preferred
- 2 years Working experience in business development with C-suite commercial customers. Preferred
- 2 years Sales experience with energy efficiency projects. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.