Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison, our commitment to our customers, both internally and externally, remains paramount. We emphasize every employee's need to uphold and champion a proactive, customer-centric ethos. This cultural shift aims to cultivate customer trust and loyalty and amplify stakeholder value.
- As the Section Manager of the Customer Energy Consulting and Inspection division, you'll navigate a multifaceted role. Central to your duties is the identification, scrutiny, appraisal, and harmonization of energy savings under the umbrella of our energy efficiency and demand management programs. You'll guide a team of technical professionals and contractors, tasking them with the thorough examination of energy efficiency and demand management solutions. Your objective will be to pinpoint technologies that qualify for our programs and promise tangible energy conservation. Mastery in this domain is non-negotiable to ensure that chosen technologies align with program benchmarks and impactful energy savings.
- Commit to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Beyond overseeing the review operations, you'll also serve as a technical backbone for all subdivisions within the department. This entails a proactive alliance with teams spanning diverse domains: program delivery, strategy formulation, project stewardship, marketing drives, or financial planning. Together, you'll architect technical solutions that resonate with their unique objectives while aligning with our broader company goals. A precise grasp of the intersection between technical viability and business ambitions is pivotal to this role, acting as the compass for decision-making and fueling the momentum of our ventures.
- With the energy landscape in change, your role mandates an unwavering commitment to staying abreast of industry evolutions, breakthrough technologies, and regulatory shifts. This knowledge empowers you to recalibrate strategies and processes, ensuring our programs remain relevant and potent in a dynamic backdrop. You'll be instrumental in sculpting Con Edison's blueprint for energy efficiency and demand management by harnessing your technical understanding and industry insights.
- Technical Support & Compliance: You will strengthen program management teams as they adopt various technologies, codes, and standards. The role demands a thorough eye to ensure seamless integration, proper utilization, and compliance with local and state standards. Through robust collaboration, the section manager will champion streamlined program execution, aligned with industry benchmarks and regulatory mandates.
- Stakeholder Communication: Regular, constructive dialogues with the Department Manager, Program Implementation Managers, and Business Development/Account Executives are paramount.
- You will act as a beacon of technical insight, nurturing a collaborative environment to integrate technical recommendations into pivotal decisions and fostering a culture of iterative feedback for real-time enhancements.
- Supporting Program Delivery: Equipped with a deep understanding of the mechanical, construction, and customer sectors, you will pinpoint the intersection of energy efficiency and client operations.
- Company Representation: You will thoughtfully champion the company's and department's ethos and collaborate with stakeholders, regulators, contractors, and other key parties.
- Engagement with Public Service: You will actively engage with the Department of Public Service Staff, offering invaluable support.
- Special Assignments: Beyond the core responsibilities, the manager may undertake special projects, furthering the department's objectives as directed by the Director, Department Manager, or NYS DPS.
- Assist in Company emergencies as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Energy disciplines 8 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree MBA and 6 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- HVAC Expertise: Comprehensive understanding of HVAC systems, their design, operation, and the energy-saving measures associated with them. Required
- Envelope Knowledge: Proficiency in building envelope principles, including insulation, fenestration, and air-sealing techniques, to optimize energy performance. Required
- Energy Efficiency Codes: Familiarity with national and local energy efficiency codes, standards, and regulations, such as ASHRAE standards, NYCECC, etc. Required
- Sustainability Acumen: A solid grasp of sustainability principles and practices, with a focus on the environmental and economic impacts of energy consumption. Required
- Leadership Skills: Proven ability to lead, motivate, and manage teams, ensuring timely delivery of projects and fostering continuous learning and development. Required
- Experience managing individuals and teams. Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Strong writing and oral communications skills. Required
- Proven range of presentation skills to various audiences, including customers, teams, executives and industry stakeholders. Required
- Strong analytical skills. Required
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency in using energy modeling and analysis tools to evaluate the performance of various energy conservation measures. Required
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Experience in collaborating with utilities, regulators, vendors, and other stakeholders in the energy efficiency domain. Required
- Project Management: Proven capability in managing multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget. Required
- Continuous Learning: Commitment to staying updated with the latest advancements in the field of energy efficiency and sustainability through training, seminars, and workshops. Required
- Experience in vendor oversight, including contract development, monitoring and assessing performance. Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets. Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Safety Protocols: Understanding and emphasis on safety procedures, especially when inspecting sites and overseeing projects. Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Required
- Industrial Processes: Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency and sustainable practices specifically tailored for industrial processes. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Possession of relevant certifications, such as Certified Energy Manager (CEM), LEED AP, or Professional Engineer (PE) license. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.