Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures, including Environmental, Health, and Safety ("EH&S"), Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO"), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison, we all need to take a special interest in our customers, both within and externally. As an employee, you must commit to developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster customer trust and confidence and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Aid the department in administrative tasks.
- Prepare pre-engineering studies, review, and comment on plans and specifications.
- Conduct pre-construction field visits for plans and specification constructability and accuracy.
- Mitigate construction contracts, plans, and specification deviations with user groups and contractors.
- Monitor progress and expenditures of ongoing projects.
- Ensure plans, specifications, and HASPs are followed.
- Assist with setting department goals.
- Ensure compliance with operating, maintenance, housekeeping, and safety procedures.
- Enhance the Company's public image by improving the performance of field forces and the appearance of our facilities and equipment.
- Maintain inter and intra-department communication to ensure timely completion of all projects.
- Ensure open communication with City, State, and Federal Agencies to support the Company and New York City goals.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to executives, weekly, management, and governmental agencies.
- Cultivate positive working relationships within the construction organization and governmental authorities, especially the PSC.
- Conducts and attends field walks, pre-award meetings, and job progress meetings.
- Provide technical review on all high-value projects; be responsible for maintaining and enforcing specifications and procedures.
- Ensures strict compliance with all corporate Environmental Health and Safety standards for the development of capital and O&M work packages.
- In-depth knowledge of design and construction practices is necessary to guide CCls and/or inspectors during construction.
- Review the Company's capital and O&M appropriation estimates in the work scope.
- Respond to incidents/emergencies 24 hours a day as needed.
- Review and revise procedures with employees for accuracy and compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering, design, and environmental fields of construction or
- Master's Degree Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 6yrs of experience in engineering, design, and environmental fields of constructions
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to review and provide comments on engineer constructionplans and specifications. Required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, internal and external customers, and contractors. Required
- Working knowledge of Electric and Gas systems, subsurface construction, structural designs, concrete, and reinforcement inspections. Required
- Experience and knowledge of street excavation and applicable safety standards Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills and must be able to focus on providing excellent internal and external customer support, including attending daily progress meetings and email communications with external agencies Required
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and technical skills. Expected to be well organized and detail-oriented, able to handle multiple assignments. Required
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, or civil construction Required
- Experience and work knowledge of foundation construction specifications and procedures Required
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required
- Must respond and participate in system emergencies including the Company's emergency management processes and storm
- Outage plans as required.
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies.
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.