Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform other related and assignments as required.
- Lead and/or support complex integration projects, assessing risks, evaluating proof-of-concepts (POCs), and creating project plans that align with the Enterprise Architecture strategic roadmap
- Collaborate with business customers, system architects, developers, and other IT groups to develop integration design documents, business cases (including value analysis), and enterprise-grade integrations using Oracle's products and Business Intelligence reporting solutions
- Design and develop complex mappings, interfaces, and process flows, and maintain ETL scripts/processes that meet project-specific business and technical requirements using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Integrate ODI with multiple sources/targets, using Python or Java scripts to support ETL interfaces, scheduling ODI jobs, and configuring monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Create and document Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) interfaces or packages, source code, and controls using standard tools and processes
- Use HPI tools to troubleshoot ODI and WebLogic server issues, incidents, respond to monitoring alerts within the OAS environment, and conduct root cause analysis
- Develop written policies, procedures, job aids, and/or instructions
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours, be on-call if needed, as required to support deployments, resolve production problems, and respond to corporate emergencies
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering and a minimum of (3) years of IT experience or
- Associate's Degree Preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering and a minimum of (5) years of IT experience or
- High School Diploma/GED a minimum of (7) years of IT experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus.
Relevant Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience with at least two (2) of the following technologies:
- Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL;
- Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java;
- Oracle RDBMS development (supported versions) or SQL Server (supported versions) development;
- Business Analysis;
- Project Management
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required.
- Experience developing applications and/or databases.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an excellent work ethic.
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources.
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced experience leading and/or supporting medium to large integration projects preferably using Oracle ODI
- Created project plans including, risk assessments, proof-of-concepts (POCs), integration design documents, and business cases including value analysis
- Developed Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) interfaces or packages using Python or Java scripts for ETL interfaces or other tools
- Performed load balancing to support High Availability environment in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), and performed performance tuning and optimization
- Provided production support, disaster recovery planning, and conducted drills
- Designs data quality and reconciliation frameworks using ODI or other integration tool
- Works with the business and customers to translate business requirements into technical specifications and create practical integration solutions
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, gloves, and safety shoes when required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.