Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide system expertise and guidance for MDMS and AMI architecture operation related to AMI Operations and provide oversight for AMI Operations MDMS Team performing daily operations including: technical development engagement, configuration management, exception management, new asset integration, test result management and all operational activities supporting data delivery.
- Responsible for the architecture of the MDMS infrastructure and related architecture activities and MDMS configurations. This includes providing guidance and oversight on systems performance to AMI Operations.
- Responsible for performing daily operations including technical development engagement, configuration management, exception management, Performance management and tuning.
- Responsible for all data governance activities, this includes but not limited to, data quality, data protection and compliance, and data management.
- Responsible for MDMS systems uptime availability, and security by working closely with the Data Center, Server and Storage, and cyber security teams - to stay ahead of any security threats, risks and system performance
- Responsible for the DR documentation review and the yearly execution of the DR drills as mandated by corporate IT policies.
- Perform technical oversight and development of team personnel through code delivery, data cleanup activities, testing evolutions, and day-to-day operation of the MDMS.
- Hands on experience with EnergyIP data management, security, cloning and patching, supporting EnergyIP on Oracle 19c database with multi org architecture.
- Engage with all levels of technical support teams including AMI IT, system vendors, [e.g. Oracle to support Exa Data, and Siemens to support MDMS] new project teams to ensure any changes requested or introduced are in alignment with the business and technical requirements of the MDMS.
- Plan, and develop strategies, to test and implement system modifications and enhancements requiring in-depth application and technical knowledge of MDMS and AMI operating systems.
- Provide technical and operational leadership of team assignments, as well as facilitate cross-organization engagement where data management responsibilities cross organization boundaries between AMI Operations, CECONY and ORU.
- Coordinate and direct liaison activities between AMI Operations and other business areas relying on MDMS including Electric Operations, Customer Operations, Gas Operations and Data Analytics teams for both CECONY and ORU. Lead engagement with User organizations before implementation of major system modifications to develop and define business rules, requirements, exception handling processes, and data exception reporting. Interface with User organizations post-implementation to provide technical and operational feedback on results, track work arounds and lead closure activities related to new functionality deployment.
- Responsible for developing and executing technical training of AMI Operations employees in fundamental operations of the MDMS, design evolutions, data management and technical specification development.
- Responsible for Database Administration (DBA), maintaining and monitoring oracle EXADATA, ZDLRA appliances, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) setup and monitoring of databases using Oracle Grid Control, and for database refreshes utilizing expdp/impdp, RMAN Duplicate, and cloning and PDB clone.
- Responsible for the architecture and to Install, configure, and maintain OSAK, UC4, CIFS, SPARK, KAFKA, PYTHON across all applicable AMI systems.
- Lead and participate in the interview process for MDMS Team candidates as well as staffing augmentee hiring.
- Coordinates the activities of the AMI Operations team, develops and manages delivery schedule and takes corrective actions to minimize delivery date deviations. Provides status reports on delivery, triage and closeout to all levels of management related to both new deployment and defect impact resolution.
- Develops operational reporting and business tools necessary to track and facilitate operational work evolutions related to data management in MDMS for performance SLA monitoring.
- Develop and manage business reporting strategy and integration required to demonstrate and manage MDMS performance expectations. Lead requirements and development for business metrics, PSC reporting and all other operational requirements related to business inquiries from regulatory organizations, internal requestors and customers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of work experience Application Development or Operating Technology experience/support in daily management of critical business applications.
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Business Administration and 6 years of work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- 5 years of experience working with or directly supporting AMI Applications or the Business functions supported by the AMI Applications. Required
- Expert knowledge and experience in technical system development, design and operation. Required
- Expert knowledge in transaction management activities supporting critical business applications. Required
- Experience in overseeing and directing cross-functional technical personnel in the daily management, technical development and execution of enhancement implementation activities for complex business applications. Required
- Functional experience involving defect identification, root cause investigation, solution implementation planning and testing, and error-handling management. Required
- Experience leading cross-organizational teams through complex system, process and transaction investigation. Required
- Experience developing and maintaining technical vendor relationships. Required
Skills & Ability
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.