Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position requires a two-year technical degree, preferably in Civil Technology or related disciplines (minimum 2 years experience), or a HS Diploma (or GED) and equivalent work experience (minimum 3 years). Successful candidate will have the ability to read and interpret maps and drawings and be capable of operating various survey instruments (total stations, level, M-scopes, etc.). Candidate should also have competency in the use of Auto-Cad in order to generate various types of drawings.
- Survey Technicians assist Surveyors with mathematical computations and field sketches. Applicant selected for this position must have strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with other departments, including various city and state agencies relative to land records, easement grants, and topographical data. Applicant must have the ability to learn advanced survey and mapping software.
- If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to any of the operating areas of Construction Management Street Ops (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, and Westchester).
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years related work experience
- Associate's Degree Technical degree in Civil, Information Technology or Mathematics related disciplines and 2 year related work experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.