Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multi billion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, demonstrate application of cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders' and customer to analyze and documents system requirements in an Agile development environment.
- Creates user stories with relevant acceptance criteria.
- Review user stories and confirm that they are in line with the business rules.
- Discuss and Engage with all stakeholders (Internal and External Customers, Scrum Team) to make sure that there is no gap at any level in requirements.
- Prepares documents including design flow, customer journey maps and wire frames.
- Review and approve technical requirements to ensure they align with system capabilities.
- Manage department wide projects to design, update, and/or implement new program enhancements
- Groom sprint and product backlog along with the scrum team (Development Team, Product Owner, Business Team)
- Manage requests to improve the program design such as restructuring incentive calculations and measures across all systems including Salesforce
- Use advanced critical thinking skills to diagnose complex problems
- Work with program managers to develop new programs and provide strategic guidance on measures and program design
- Make sure all acceptance criteria are complete and understood by the scrum team.
- Serves as a tester on the team, creates Functional and UAT test scripts.
- Supports the adherence to privacy and security standards and controls as well as to data governance processes and best practices.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or
- High School Diploma/GED and minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field required.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree and 5 years related work experience in a system engineering/analysis area
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation (both business and IT requirements) Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Required
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills Required
- Self-sufficient person who can work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams Required
- Ability to facilitate meetings to decompose business processes and understand required changes to leverage benefits of analytics Required
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget Required
- Proficiency with presenting complex analysis to audiences of varying technical backgrounds Required
- Ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources Required
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project Required
- Engineering or IT background Preferred
- Formal project management, business analysis and data analysis skills Preferred
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum framework Preferred
- Experience developing resource plans and required roles for large projects delivery Preferred
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, Power Bi or similar Preferred
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Promotes information sharing
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Agile, SAFe Agile Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the Company service territory as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.