Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage team of up to 14 EH&S Managers, Specialists, Sr Specialists and Project Specialists who support all aspects of Construction activities from early planning and design through project completion for organizations within Construction.
- Ensure all Construction managers, Engineers, Specialists, Mechanics, Inspectors, etc., address and comply with their EHS responsibilities and procedures, risk management, Consent Orders, audit findings, commitments, and goals.
- Promote a culture that supports high standards, ethical behavior and open communication in all environmental, health and safety compliance activities and follow up to ensure corrective actions are implemented. Provide oversight on eHASPs for contractors and non-Company personnel.
- Oversee all EHS aspects for contractor work including but not limited to contractor procurement, health and safety plan development and review, site audits, injury/accident investigations, and maintaining a trending analysis report on non-compliance issues.
- Manage all EHS aspects for the Company's largest construction projects, including construction of new substations and commercial facilities, tunnels, submarine facilities, demolition of major power stations, relocation of gas, steam and electric facilities, and recovery of networks.
- Interface with various EHS Departments and Law to find workable solutions for construction activities within Brownfield, MGP, and Appendix B sites.
- Interface with agencies (DOT, FDNY, OEM, DEC, DEP, PSC, OSHA) to resolve EH&S issues during scheduled and emergency activities.
- Information Management: Utilize appropriate mainframe and/or computer systems (e.g. SHIMS. EMIS). Maintain the integrity of the systems used through security practices. Provide reports and respond to inquiries from Construction Organization. Communicate environmental and safety goals and statistics based on KPIs and company standards.
- Provide advice and council to Vice President, EH&S, operating organizations, and subordinates.
- Process Improvements- Identify areas for improvements and participate on cross-functional teams as required. Participate as an active member of the EH&S Leadership Team.
- Support the development of KPIs and goals and create line of sight to them within each of Construction's business units.
- Effectively communicate EHS information to Construction's Company and contractor employees.
- Serve in various roles within NIMS/ICS framework during routine and emergency events.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Environmental Science, Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, or a related field and Related experience in EH&S, Gas, Electric Transmission/Distribution, Power Generation, Construction or Substation Operations
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be highly motivated individual, demonstrate a strong Commitment to Excellence, and understand the vital importance of personal accountability. Required
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully complete multiple tasks without compromising quality or timelines. Required
- Must be able to develop concepts into successful safety and environmental programs. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communications skills and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, regulatory agencies, and various levels of management. Required
- Must possess strong leadership skills, initiate and champion change, and have the ability to influence and persuade others in order to improve work practices/processes. Required
- Must be able to deliver exemplary customer service and develop a team spirited work environment in support of Con Edison's Corporate Values. Required
- Must demonstrate proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and/or an ability to quickly become proficient with database packages including Microsoft Office, EMIS, SHIMS, and Maximo. Required
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Excellent organizational skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.