Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The CPM will provide leadership and technical reviews of all remedy selection, remedial design and remedial construction work associated with the SIR Program. Specifically, as the technical lead for taking projects from the investigation phase to the conceptual remedy selection through remedial design and remedial construction.
- The CPM will be responsible for the environmental programs administered by the Remediation Group. This includes managing and guarding the Company's Environmental Reserve and ensuring compliance with Federal, State, municipal and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Provide lead technical support to Environmental Law for access agreements, permits, cooperation agreements, and negotiations of incremental cost agreements associated with remediation construction projects on third-party owner claims and Brownfield Cleanup sites.
- Ensure all work is completed safely, economically, timely and in compliance with all agency orders, permits and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Oversee consultants and contractors involved with remediation development, implementation, and reporting. This function will include supporting the development of master service agreements as well as assessing performance using the Company's Contractor Oversight System (COS).
- Act as primary liaison with environmental regulatory agencies for remediation projects and ensure accurate and timely reporting to such agencies as required by orders, permits or agreements.
- Interface will all levels of management to strategize and develop programs and initiatives to achieve zero harm for our employees, the public, the communities that we serve and the environment.
- Ensure the integrity of the Company's Environmental Reserve through its prudent use, management, and reporting. As part of this task, support all Company Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Accounting requirements that act as the guiderails for the appropriate management of the SIR Environmental Reserve.
- Participate in community and stakeholder meetings to communicate the SIR Program and project specific tasks to the public in clear and understandable language.
- Maintain a familiarity with the Con Edison's Contractor Administration Manual (CAM).
- Initiate procurement actions for remediation construction projects and serve as primary interface with Con Edison's Construction Management and Purchasing groups.
- Stay abreast of emerging or changing regulations, provide input and comments during rule making and update company procedures, policies and practices as necessary.
- Participate in the department's annual KPIs and maintain the 3-Year Projection of Spends for the SIR Program in support of the Annual Report of the SIR Program to the PSC.
- Support the Company Corporate Emergencies as part of the Incident Command System.
- Bachelor's Degree Construction Management, Chemical, Environmental, Physical or Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Geology or Engineering and 8 years relevant experience in the EH&S field and construction/ construction management projects.
- Master's Degree Construction Management, Chemical, Environmental, Physical or Biological Sciences, Geology or Engineering and 6 years relevant experience in the EH&S field and construction/construction management projects
Relevant Work Experience
- 5-7 years Must have EHS experience with engineering and construction projects and have managed EHS concerns for workforces who perform construction and maintenance activities; including a working knowledge of construction design, construction management and the utility and energy businesses. Required
- Must have working knowledge of environmental, construction and safety laws and regulations. Required
- Must have demonstrated skills and experience in providing technical support to Environmental Law for access agreements, permits, cooperation agreements, and negotiations of incremental cost agreements associated with third-party owner claims and Brownfield Cleanup sites. Required
- Must possess exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills to enable success when dealing with all levels of Company, contractors, and regulators; including proven ability to lead team and Company work forces. Required
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities with an awareness of personal strengths, receptive to feedback. Required
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing a vision and strategy to drive results. Required
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative team efforts without direct reporting relationships. Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Required
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, effective working with all levels from union employees to executives. Required
- Knowledge of utility industry operations, Federal and New York State laws and regulations. Required
- Familiarly with related New York City/Westchester and related municipal codes. Required
- Demonstrated familiarity and proficiency with spreadsheets and presentations packages; Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Possess and maintain professional licensure (PE, PG, PMP). Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.